What's new

Second Project: steel stands for bookshelf speakers (pics) (1 Viewer)

Javier_Huerta

Supporting Actor
This is the second project I started. I was (obviously) less into the building of these stands, since it has been quite a while since I last welded anything to anything else... :D

A friend of mine has this ability, though, and I asked him for help on this project. He built the staircase for my house, so when I looked at the "H" section of my stairway, I knew he had some material left from it.

The stands weigh in at around 50 pounds each. They are made out of an "H" iron section (4" x 6"), 3 mm. steel plates on the top and bottom sections, a 1" steel tube for cable management, and a set of spikes at the bottom end. He then put some acid on the bases, and painted them with brownish paint, which lends an oxide look to them.

Since my friend had all the scraps from making my stairwase... the total cost of the project was $50! Not bad for some expertly built, heavy, stable stands. Since switching from wooden bases to them, I have found they removed the nasal sound my speakers had, and they tightened the bass quite a bit. Not to mention, they helped raise the WAF factor of the stereo! :D

Patrick_L

Second Unit
linked from another thread. those look very nice! indeed that oxide look bodes well with your floors.:emoji_thumbsup:

Allen Ross

Supporting Actor
i remember seeing these a while ago, if only i had the resources and knowhow to built something like that, Ohhh think of an all steel flexy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks