What's new

Seattle Mariners Ticket questions... (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Hello all
Hopefully somebody can help me out here tonight! :)
My wife and I are interested in going to tomorrow night's MARINERS vs. RANGERS game at Safeco Field here in Seattle.
The only tickets left are of the UPPER DECK variety :frowning:
Which of course, is completely understandable - given the popularity of the Mariners these days.
Now - My situation/question:
I used to live in Missouri - and have attended many Royals and Cardinals games in my 28 years of living. At those two venues (Kauffman Stadium and Busch Stadium), I nearly always went down on the day of the game and stood in line for a couple hours to purchase BLEACHER SEATS.
Is this process done at Safeco Field? I tried finding this information on the Mariners web site - but it didn't mention anything about Bleacher Seats going on sale before game time...so I am assuming these seats have already been sold and that the process I'm looking for does not exist at Safeco Field like it does at Busch Stadium or Kauffman Stadium.
Any help/info on this topic would be much appreciated!
Thanks
Mike

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
I can't speak for Safeco, but that's how it works in Boston, in a way. The seats they hold vary:
In Boston obstructed view grandstand and standing room ($25, and _$18_, respevtively!) are sold the day of the game, starting at 9am. But ONLY if all regular seats are sold. You can also find random single seats for sale the day of the game. All of these aren't availible if regular seats are left though.
I've set in the upper deck of Camden yards before, and it wasn't too bad to watch a game... We don't exactally have room for one at Fenway though.
And don't forget scalped tickets... Most stadiums, scalped tickets right at game time get to be pretty reasonably priced.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
I have no idea what seats will be open on game-day, but pretty much any seat offers a great view. Safeco field is beautiful in that way--every seat is worth the price.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well...after much debate...I decided to purchase tickets tonight via TicketMaster ( :frowning: )
We wanted to be able to enjoy the entire day in Seattle tomorrow (it's supposed to be nice!) and not have to worry about finding/buying tickets.
I'm pretty high up (Upper Deck) - Section 310 Row 19
sea329a.gif

These were the best seats available - and like Daren said, they should provide a nice view of Seattle also.
One thing I did find on the internet about the right field seats is this: Sometimes you can't tell it's a home run (to right field) until you see the crowd react :)
I guess that's okay - can't wait to see my first game at Safeco Field!! I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight!
Thanks again!

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Michael, check out the Mariners' site for detailed info on Safeco. You can click on your section and get a pre-view :p It looks like they messed up 310, though, so try 309 and 311. IIRC, you'll be able to look over the left field wall and see the football stadium and downtown. It should be a pretty cool view.
Oh yeah ... and don't forget to get some of those scrumpdillyumptious hot dogs with grilled onions from the vendors on the street (by the railroad tracks). Then go back for seconds after the game (they're usually cheaper after the game!)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Hate to say it Michael, but those are the only seats at the Safe that I don't like. You'll have a great view, but I find it harder to pay attention to the game that high up.

I recommend getting there early walking around so you can get in the SRO section in Center Field where it's a real party. Or you can maybe get into the Hit It Here Cafe. You'll have to buy food and can only stick around for an inning or two, but it's a great seat).

In the future: You will always find people selling tickets on the street on the day of the game for face value (but be careful). Also, often, there are good tickets that go on sale at the last minute because Season Ticket holders often trade tickets back to the Mariners for tickets to other games (though since the M's are hot and it is A-Rod tickets this weekend might be scarce).

I'm glad I went for the 16 Game plan again this year (I'll be at Sunday's game). My seats now are right behind Ichiro.

Have fun.

Aaron Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
If you're not thrilled with your view from there, keep in mind you can see the field from anywhere on the concourse of the first deck. I had high up 3rd deck seats last year and ended up watching half the game from the concourse behind homeplate, since you can just stand there and watch the game (not a bad deal either, $35-40 view for 14 bucks). If this is your first trip to Safeco, definitely walk around the stadium and check everything out. Enjoy!

Aaron

Eric M Jones

Second Unit
Definetly take a look around "The Safe". I've sat in your section they're relatively not too bad considering how high up you are. The best thing about this park though is there are many concourses where you can stand and watch from all around. One of my favorite views is from inside the bar which is by the bullpen. It's usually pretty crowded but is has "bunker" style "windows" that give you a player's view of the field (albiet is a long way from homeplate). Also check out the holes in the wall (inside the bar) that backstop the bullpen. You get a batters view of the pitcher warming up... Get some garlic fries to eat, they stink but man they're good!

-EJ

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
I've sat in that exact section. I had a great view, however, you cant see all of right field. Most of the game I couldn't see Bone. There actually was a HR hit when I was there and I didn't know it till the cheering happened! But damn, the view is great from up there. I agree that you should walk around the stadium, it's awesome!

-Marshall

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
We just returned from the ballgame - Rangers won 9-0 behind the great pitching arm of Kenny Rogers!
Seats wern't all that bad...but we couldn't see the HR's or doubles that were hit to Right Field at all. We moved around and walked around the stadium after the 5th inning and found some real nice vantage points...most of them similair or the same ones even that you all mentioned above!
I took some pictures w/ our digital camera...and thought maybe you all would like to see them - so here you go: !
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed
Thanks for all the help and information guys!!! Hope you enjoy the pics: Some of them are very similair...so if these shots bore you at all I'm very sorry :)
* I'm uploading the pictures right now - so if they don't show up when you try the links above - please try back again here shortly. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks