What's new

Seasons out of order? (1 Viewer)

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I have season 1-3 of The Dukes of Hazzard and I have been watching them. It seems that some of the eps are not in Chronological order. It seems Daisy had a yellow car before she got Dixie. The car was destroyed in one of the eps I get that. But on the DVD set it seems that some eps are out of order because in the one after she is given Dixie, her yellow car appears again

Am I wrong?

I was under the impression that DVD sets for each show were done in Chronological order

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Some are done in PRODUCTION order. Shows aren't always shot in the order they air. This might be the case for Dukes of Hazzard and since that show didn't have many continuing stories, they didn't catch the errors.

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
TDoH are on the DVD in order according to the date each episode aired. For some reason a season 2 episode wasn't aired during season 2. Could have been pre-empted I suppose, or any number of reasons. Anyway, that episode was shown during Season 3 and that's why you have Daisy's yellow Charger magically re-appear for one episode.

Nephew Huey Hogg suffers from a similar problem.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, season 2 of the Dukes is all screwed up because of this. There were several episodes that Rosco was not in and a few that Cooter was not in. With that and the Dixie/Yellow Charger thing, production order would have been preferable with season 2.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

That is quite the case, Jonathan. Star Trek is extremely notorious when it comes to chronological (production) order versus air date order, the most obvious ones being TOS, TNG, and VOY. As for TDOH, I think that one's pretty much a "leave your brain at the door" series, no one's going to really notice continuity in that one (except for the season where they switched Dukes).

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
According to reviews. Season 4 of Dukes will not be on Doublesided discs

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Yeah season 4 will be a 9 disc set according to the press release. I can't wait :)

Ian_H

Supporting Actor
9 discs????? I hope at least they are least going to use the double thinpaks or something. I don't want another 6 foot long fold out POS package like the Alien boxset.

--Ian

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Thats unknown right now. But I would like them to use the double slim cases with a slip case like Universal and Paramount have been using.

John*Wells

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
More and more companies are going to using those slim cases. I like them better than those folding monstrocities. It makes it less likely that discs will be damaged

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks