What's new

Seasons of Shows with Cross over not included (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
In a more general sense, one can ask whether off-network syndication reruns packages ever included any of the crossover episodes from other shows.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Thinking about it more, I can only recall one case of off-network syndicated reruns where a crossover was done in reruns: CSI Miami + CSI NY crossover.

IIRC it was either on AETV (CSI Miami) or Spike (CSI NY) reruns of CSI franchise episodes from 2005. It started in CSI Miami season 4 episode "Felony Flight" and concluded in New York City in CSI NY season 2 episode "Manhattan Manhunt".

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
In a more general sense, one can ask whether off-network syndication reruns packages ever included any of the crossover episodes from other shows.
Before they shipped out edited episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies, our local station never showed most of the Petticoat Junction episodes where the Clampetts visited nor the episode where Sam Drucker visited the Clampetts. They showed the episode where Granny learns she has to go to Hooterville and the episode where she thinks the family is starving and hurries to get back. I hope if/when CBS gets to S7 that they will include the two PJ episodes with Granny.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
The "Make Room For Daddy" cast guest-starred on "I Love Lucy," aka a segment of the Desilu Playhouse by that point (1958). This episode is on the final Lucy dvd set.

They teamed up once more the following year. Lucy and Ricky made an appearance on "Make Room For Daddy," in early 1959. The MRFD episode, "Lucy Upsets the Williams Household," did not appear on the I Love Lucy dvd collection but is available on (one of the very few) MRFD dvd sets.

Mark Y

Screenwriter

"Three's Company" included two episodes of "The Ropers," rebranded as "Three's Company." (The rest of "The Ropers" was retitled "Three's Company's Friends The Ropers," and "Three's A Crowd" was retitled "Three's Company Too.")

When WGN in Chicago ran "Barney Miller," "Fish" was included in the package, and at one point WGN was showing "Fish" and calling it "Barney Miller."

mark27b

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pledger
The Lone Gunmen and The X-Files. Introduced on The X-Files had their own spin-off show which was cancelled then went back to The X-Files. The spin-off single season is not part of the complete series.

The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. Made history as both on different networks at the time. From memory joint crossover episodes with a Part 1 and Part 2 usually spread over both aren't on both titles.

Manimal was continued on Nightman. The Manimal complete series boxset does not have that episode.

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
And if Duet ever gets a DVD release, be it through Paramount Home Entertainment, VEI or Shout! Factory, I am hoping that it will also include the 90-minute pilot of Open House, a spin-off that got its title from Duet's series finale from season 3.

~Ben

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This happens all the time with Grey's Anatomy. The crossover episodes with Private Practice were never included when that show was on the air, and I assume the more recent crossovers with Station 19 aren't included either. That being said, I haven't actually bought Grey's season sets in several years so don't know for sure, but I assume they want you to buy both shows to get both shows. It's absolutely not ideal for following the storylines, but that's the way it is. With the advent of streaming, I doubt enough people buy season DVDs anymore to make it worth the studios' time to change this practice, unfortunately.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. Made history as both on different networks at the time. From memory joint crossover episodes with a Part 1 and Part 2 usually spread over both aren't on both titles.

Actually, both shows were on ABC until The Bionic Woman was dropped and picked up by NBC for its final season. At that point, the crossovers ended. Richard Anderson and Martin E. Brooks, however, continued to appear on both shows even after the switch.

Both sets for SMDM and BW have all of the crossover episodes included and in their proper order with original series credits.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Has anyone collected a show that Crosses with Another one (Example Law&Order and Homicide Life on the Street )
but one of the Cross over episodes is not included in the particular Season Set? .. With respect to Law&Order I believe all of the Crossovers with Homicide Life on the Street are included in the L&O Season sets. However, I was watching the L&O Season where it Crossed over with the start of SVU and I dont find the SVU Episode as part of the Original release set. .. I dont care for SVU or CI and was not planning to add them to my collection so it seems I am out of luck?.. Was it included with the L&O Complete Series release for in the single season Season Re releases ?

I collected Homicide, but not L&O. The original Homicide DVD releases did not include the L&O eps, just descriptions of what happened in them. As I understand it, the later full-series set of Homicide did include the L&O eps. Unfortunately, I don't have the full-series set, but I do have the L&O season sets with the crossovers.

The Pretender and Profiler had a crossover. Both shows were on NBC, but (like Homicide and L&O) were made by different studios. It's been a while since I've watched them, but if I recall correctly, neither show included the other's crossover episode, but, as above, included a description of events.

The season where the Arrowverse shows crossed over but each show didn't include the others shows' eps didn't bother me, as I was buying all of the shows on BD anyway.

I'd been buying the UK Blu-rays of Chicago Fire, which have included the all of the P.D. and Med crossover episodes, but I have no idea if the same holds true of the DVD sets for the three shows. It annoys me that I can't buy P.D. or Med on BD.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Murder She Wrote did include the crossover with Magnum PI but messed it up. It was originally a two part episode (one for murder she wrote and one for magnum) but it was shortened to one episode for syndication. The Murder She Write episode included is the shortened syndicated one while the Magnum extra is the actual Magnum part of the two parter. To get the full Murder She Wrote part, you had to get the Magnum season which had the Murder She Wrote portion as an extra. (They might have fixed that but I know it was that way when it came out).

I was never affected by this, since I collected Magnum but not Murder She Wrote. I also know that Magnum's Third Season set included the Simon & Simon crossover episode. Did the S&S Second Season set include the Magnum episode? I have the First Season set, and want to get the others, but haven't gotten around to it yet. And did the Third Season set include the Whiz Kids episode that crossed over?

ClassicTVMan1981X

Screenwriter
Real Name
Benjamin
This has only happened once on DVD in the realm of Happy Days and spin-offs: the Laverne & Shirley season 5 DVD set also has the Happy Days 7th season premiere crossover episode "Shotgun Wedding (Part 1)," whose story arc continues into L&S's 5th season premiere, "Shotgun Wedding (Part 2)."

I believe it is a rare for a story arc to begin on one series and conclude on a spin-off.

~Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks