Seasons of Shows with Cross over not included

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Has anyone collected a show that Crosses with Another one (Example Law&Order and Homicide Life on the Street )
but one of the Cross over episodes is not included in the particular Season Set? .. With respect to Law&Order I believe all of the Crossovers with Homicide Life on the Street are included in the L&O Season sets. However, I was watching the L&O Season where it Crossed over with the start of SVU and I dont find the SVU Episode as part of the Original release set. .. I dont care for SVU or CI and was not planning to add them to my collection so it seems I am out of luck?.. Was it included with the L&O Complete Series release for in the single season Season Re releases ?

Jeff*H

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
The CANNON series set from VEI does NOT include the BARNABY JONES crossover episode “Deadly Conspiracy” (instead, it is the non-continued version of the episode), however the BARNABY JONES set includes the CANNON episode with the first part, concluded on BJ.

jcroy

Producer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Las Vegas + Crossing Jordan crossovers.

Subsequent seasons of Crossing Jordan were never released on dvd in region1.

IIRC, I don't remember seeing any of the CJ crossover episodes on the Las Vegas dvd sets.

Reactions: Flashgear

Paintbeanie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Peter
ER is missing the third watch crossover, third watch never released the season with the crossover so it was never released on dvd.
Bones did not include the sleepy hollow crossover (but it can be found on sleepy hollow season 3)
Murder She Wrote did include the crossover with Magnum PI but messed it up. It was originally a two part episode (one for murder she wrote and one for magnum) but it was shortened to one episode for syndication. The Murder She Write episode included is the shortened syndicated one while the Magnum extra is the actual Magnum part of the two parter. To get the full Murder She Wrote part, you had to get the Magnum season which had the Murder She Wrote portion as an extra. (They might have fixed that but I know it was that way when it came out).

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
ER is missing the third watch crossover, third watch never released the season with the crossover so it was never released on dvd.
Bones did not include the sleepy hollow crossover (but it can be found on sleepy hollow season 3)
Murder She Wrote did include the crossover with Magnum PI but messed it up. It was originally a two part episode (one for murder she wrote and one for magnum) but it was shortened to one episode for syndication. The Murder She Write episode included is the shortened syndicated one while the Magnum extra is the actual Magnum part of the two parter. To get the full Murder She Wrote part, you had to get the Magnum season which had the Murder She Wrote portion as an extra. (They might have fixed that but I know it was that way when it came out).
When I got Murder she wrote complete series release the magnum P.I. Crossover was included but I didn’t pay attention to whether or not it was a syndicated print of the magnum PI episode. I’ll have to check

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
What about when NBC had a theme night like all the sitcoms set in Miami were awaiting a hurricane, Some of the cast of Golden Girls were in the other episodes. Not sure how much the stories connected.
____

When I bought the box set of The Avengers Emma Peel Collection they had a bonus disc that had one episode of The New Avengers on it because it had an Emma Peel appearance in it. But: It was a two-part episode and they didn't include the second part. I mean, if you're gonna put the first part on it? I mean, really.

Ethan Riley

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
The DC dvds did not each include all the 2017 "Invasion" crossover episodes. There was a combined dvd which only appeared in Europe. If you want all the chapters, you have to buy all of the shows.

I guess there were complaints. The next year, all the dvds had each segment of the "Earth X" crossover.

Reactions: Flashgear

Mark Y

Screenwriter
In syndication "Three's Company" included two episodes of "The Ropers" (rebranded as "Three's Company," separate from the rest of "The Ropers" series which was retitled "Three's Company's Friends The Ropers"). These have not been released on the "Three's Company" DVD sets, and "The Ropers" (and "Three's A Crowd") have not (as of 2019) been released on DVD.

Reactions: Tony Bensley

bmasters9

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
How about when the seasonal releases of O-R CBS Dallas didn't include any of that series' crossovers w/Knots Landing (let alone that KL has only had two seasons' worth out to begin with)?!

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
How about when the seasonal releases of O-R CBS Dallas didn't include any of that series' crossovers w/Knots Landing (let alone that KL has only had two seasons' worth out to begin with)?!
Remember though, after Bobby "Died" at the end of Season 8 of Dallas, Knots Landing followed that Storyline. Then when it was revealed to be a dream at the end of Season 9, The producers of Knots Landing decided they would have nothing further to do with Dallas as far as matching Storylines, Crossovers etc

MatthewA

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The Facts of Life complete series DVD includes the Diff'rent Strokes backdoor pilot "The Girls' School," but that's the only one. Their crossovers onto Strokes, of which there were seven total between 1979 and 1984 (compared to only three the other way around between 1979 and 1981), are only on that show's season sets, and Arnold's appearance on Silver Spoons is only on that show's season 1 set*, while the three hour-long Strokes/Hello, Larry crossovers are as of now the latter show's only DVD presence.

*And if you count a costume, in this case an Eastland sweater, as a crossover, you can count the Christina Applegate episode in the as-yet-unreleased season 4.

Last edited:

Neil Brock

Cinematographer
Senior HTF Member
Dr. Kildare didn't include the second part which concluded on The Eleventh Hour. The second season of the Eleventh Hour hasn't been released yet by Warner Archive.

Adam-12 did a crossover which concluded on The D.A. and the second part was not included on the Adam-12 set. The re-edited TV movie, Confessions of the D.A. Man, included this episode, and since there's little chance that The D.A. series will ever be seen again, its the only way to get it.

The pilot to SWAT was a 2-hour episode of The Rookies. It was never syndicated with either show and wasn't included on the SWAT DVDs. It appeared in the third season of The Rookies, which was never released.

To Rome With Love featured 2 crossover episodes, one with Mr. French, Buffy and Jody from Family Affair and the other with Robbie, Katie and Uncle Charlie from My Three Sons. The former wasn't included with the Family Affair DVDs and the later, well My Three Sons stalled after 2 seasons came out.

The 2 Marcus Welby - Owen Marshall crossovers were in seasons 3 and 5 of Marcus Welby, which stalled after the second season.

Part one of the Ironside - Bold Ones Doctors crossover isn't included on the Bold Ones set but both parts are on the Ironside set which Madman in Australia released.

There are a ton of crossovers on shows of which neither series ever made it to DVD:

Ben Casey/Breaking Point
The Nurses/For The People
Judd For the Defense/Felony Squad
numerous Warner Brothers detective series

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Has anyone collected a show that Crosses with Another one (Example Law&Order and Homicide Life on the Street )
but one of the Cross over episodes is not included in the particular Season Set? .. With respect to Law&Order I believe all of the Crossovers with Homicide Life on the Street are included in the L&O Season sets. However, I was watching the L&O Season where it Crossed over with the start of SVU and I dont find the SVU Episode as part of the Original release set. .. I dont care for SVU or CI and was not planning to add them to my collection so it seems I am out of luck?.. Was it included with the L&O Complete Series release for in the single season Season Re releases ?
The SVU and CI crossovers are NOT included. I liked CI so have all of those, but only got the appropriate season sets of SVU, and boxed those disks separately as I don't like SVU as it's a "pervert of the week" series and I felt somewhat dirty when I sampled it.

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
The SVU and CI crossovers are NOT included. I liked CI so have all of those, but only got the appropriate season sets of SVU, and boxed those disks separately as I don't like SVU as it's a "pervert of the week" series and I felt somewhat dirty when I sampled it.

I agree. That’s exactly why SVU was never a favorite of mine either. That being said. Having complete episodes of cross overs would be nice

Reactions: bmasters9

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
^^^

Yes, SVU deals with sexual crimes, but dozens of other shows deal with violent and/or perverse aspects of life, so to single out SVU seems rather strange. It's as though you are saying the ones you don't single out are more acceptable.

Reactions: Ron1973

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
^^^

Yes, SVU deals with sexual crimes, but dozens of other shows deal with violent and/or perverse aspects of life, so to single out SVU seems rather strange. It's as though you are saying the ones you don't single out are more acceptable.
Not perverts every week, though I do wonder how they find new ones. (I don't wonder enough to actually watch SVU. One season was more than enough.)

John*Wells

Screenwriter
Real Name
John
Not perverts every week, though I do wonder how they find new ones. (I don't wonder enough to actually watch SVU. One season was more than enough.)

I did watch the episode when Jack MCcoy appeared to memorialize Ben Stone and reprise his L&O Role as the DA

MartinP.

Screenwriter
Real Name
Martin
Not every show is for everyone's taste, obviously, but my only objection to your statements about the show is that you seem to be
singling out this one as somehow being objectionable because the crimes are sexually based, implying that you don't mind watching every other type of perversions in other crime shows.

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
July