What's new

Season sets we've waited too long for. Losing hope. (1 Viewer)

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
DavidVP,

Outstanding post, sir. Thank you. I've endured decades' worth of baffled looks and unknowing stares from my "Fuge" fan-jokes.

It is miraculous to finally see there's another devotee out there, as I was nurtured on the drama by my dad--who would watch this religiously growing up, both on A&E and on late-night TV before it.:)

Your nominees for guest commentaries are spot-on. Robert Duvall was in a first-season ep. also. What a coup his participation would be! :emoji_thumbsup:

I swear I had NO remembrance of this when I posted. Wow. Hard to believe it's been that long ago.

And yes, the show is just too good to be off DVD...now. Hopefully we can get some decent extras for all this wait. The series deserves it. Very much.

Lutz, thanks for the heads-up on Huggins. I guess I still wanted him to be alive...that slipped my mind, that he had passed away. :frowning:

John*P

Second Unit

Oh! Where did you hear about Christy mentioning Even Stevens season DVD sets? That show has definite potential on DVD, especially since it has a more diverse/cultish audience than, say, Lizzie McGuire. BTW, I thought it was pretty ridiculous for Disney to charge $49.99 MSRP for Lizzie McGuire Box Set Vol 1. Especially since there were already 4 Lizzie individual DVD releases on the market, and those were also "volumes", which might have confused some people into thinking that the box set contained the same episodes that were on the older releases. In any event, I'm hoping we get the rest of the Lizzie eps on DVD, and all 3 seasons of Even Stevens as well. ...Phil of the Future seasons on DVD would be great, also, but I'm not expecting those anytime soon, if ever....

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Thanks George. :)

If you want to have your friends stare at you even more incredulously, then tell them about my following "Dream DVD" collection for "The Fugitive" (1963). They'll probably want to truss you up with ropes if you tell them you want this set. :)

I like creating "Wishful Thinking" DVD collections for certain TV shows and movies. Here's mine for "THE FUGITIVE". Think we'll ever see this? (Yeah, right. ;)).....

----------------

THE FUGITIVE!
STARRING DAVID JANSSEN AS DR. RICHARD KIMBLE!
AN INNOCENT VICTIM OF BLIND JUSTICE!

NOW -- FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ON DVD-VIDEO -- PARAMOUNT HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:

"THE FUGITIVE: THE COMPLETE SERIES (1963-1967): THE MEGA COLLECTOR'S EDITION"........

>> A 35-Disc DVD Collection, which gathers together all 4 seasons (all 120 episodes) of "The Fugitive" in one gigantic and comprehensive set.

>> Each of the 120 programs has been digitally restored and remastered for optimal video and audio clarity. All episodes taken from the Master Film Prints.

>> All episodes are complete and uncut. No edits. All original title cards and voice-overs are intact as well. Plus: The Season-Four "In Color" tags are also intact for the last 30 episodes.

BONUS FEATURES:

>> Audio Commentary Tracks for all 120 episodes by Fugitive co-star Barry Morse ("Lt. Philip Gerard").

>> Audio Commentary Tracks by Fugitive co-star Jacqueline Scott for the 5 episodes in which she made an appearance (including Part 1 and Part 2 of the series' finale, "The Judgment").

>> Audio Commentary Tracks by Fugitive guest star Kurt Russell for "Nemesis" and "In A Plain Paper Wrapper". Barry Morse joins Russell for both of these Commentaries.

>> Audio Commentary Tracks by Fugitive guest star Suzanne Pleshette for "World's End" and "All The Scared Rabbits".

>> Audio Commentary Track by Fugitive guest stars Robert Duvall and Angie Dickinson for "Brass Ring".

>> 2-hour Behind-the-Scenes Documentary -- "Running With The Fugitive: The Four-Year Chase" -- featuring new interviews with Barry Morse, Jackie Scott, Kurt Russell, Edward Asner, Robert Duvall, and Ron Howard. Plus archival interview footage with series' star David Janssen, along with Fugitive creator Roy Huggins and show executives Alan Armer, George Eckstein, Jerry Hopper, and Quinn Martin.

>> 52-minute Featurette -- "The One-Armed Man Revealed" -- Featuring candid interviews (circa 1960s) with Bill Raisch, who portrayed the notorious one-armed man, "Fred Johnson".

>> 43-minute Featurette -- "Angels Travel On Lonely Roads: A 2-Parter Re-Visited" -- Featuring behind-the-camera outtakes and bloopers from that stellar first-season two-part episode. Archival interviews with co-stars Eileen Heckart, Ruta Lee, Sandy Kenyon, and Albert Salmi also included here.

>> 47-minute Featurette -- "Landscape With Running Figures: A Classic Never Dies" -- Featuring vintage 1965 interviews with Barry Morse, David Janssen, and Barbara Rush, as they discuss making the landmark third-season "Landscape" two-parter.

>> 20-minute Featurette -- "Fear In A Desert City: How A Pilot Gets Made" -- With vintage footage and outtakes from the series' 1963 pilot episode. Includes behind-the-scenes conversations with "Desert City" guest stars Vera Miles and Brian Keith.

>> 84-minute Documentary -- "The Judgment: The Day The Running Stopped" -- All about the series' 1967 two-part finale (and the TV-viewer records that Part 2 shattered).

>> Newly-produced "Biography" video segments on series' stars David Janssen and Barry Morse (Run time: 15 minutes each).

>> 22-minute Featurette -- "The Music Of Peter Rugolo: An Unseen Fugitive Force".

>> 18-minute Featurette -- "The Best Gerard/Kimble Chases" -- Highlights of some of the best "Gerard Chasing Kimble" moments during the series.

>> Gag Reel -- 21 minutes of gaffes, bloopers, goofs, and outtakes from many of the series' episodes.

>> Seven (7) original ABC-TV promos for "The Fugitive".

>> "Fugitive Trivia Game" -- With 350 fun trivia Q&As all about "The Fugitive".

>> Interactive Bonus -- "Who Is Kimble This Week?" -- An interactive game featuring all of Richard Kimble's aliases used during the series. The player must match the alias to the episode. (A good score means there will be another train wreck and you'll be free from your adversary, Lt. Gerard, once more.) :)

>> Interactive Bonus -- "Criss-Cross America With Richard Kimble" -- An interactive "map" game. Find all the cities and towns Dr. Kimble visited during his four years on the lam.

>> Fugitive Photo Gallery -- Containing 275 remastered publicity photographs from the Q.M. archives.

>> Bonus Audio-CD -- "The Fugitive: The Original Television Series Soundtrack Album, By Peter Rugolo" (Copyright: Silva Screen Records, Inc.).

>> Collector's Bonus -- A vintage, full-sized Fugitive "Richard Kimble Wanted Poster".

DVD SPECIFICATIONS & PACKAGING:

>> All discs single-sided, dual-layered (DVD-9).

>> Video: Original TV ratio of 1.33:1 (Full Frame format).

>> Audio: Original English Mono (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono soundtracks). .... All Audio Commentaries recorded in Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo.

>> Subtitles: English, French, and Spanish.

>> Menus: Sub-Menus for each episode. ... 10 Chapter Stops per program. ... A "Play All Episodes" option also available for those frequent marathon Fuge-watching sessions.

>> Collectible 54-page souvenir booklet included -- with photos, episode descriptions, and anecdotes, plus original ABC-TV airdates for each program.

>> Each disc packaged in separate "slim" plastic case, with unique artwork.

>> All 35 discs fit comfortably inside a rugged and handsomely-designed "Richard Kimble Suitcase" (with appropriately-located "suitcase handle" for easy carrying of your Fugitive DVDs).

>> MSRP for this Mega-Set: $19.99. *

* = Think that might be a tad too low for this much material? Heck, I can dream, can't I? ~sly grin~

GeorgePaul

Second Unit
Yikes, David...I'm just hoping for all the episodes and a two-hour documentary/retrospective!

Sadly, I'm not sure what other memorabilia is left from the series. I know of a board game which is a collector's item, but I think ABC didn't keep a lot of its promotional material from its 1960s TV shows.

Still, in a perfect world we'd DEFINITELY get a set like that! Dad would never leave the couch! :D

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, coming back down to the "real" world, I'd agree with you here. Although, tossing in a few Commentaries would certainly be nice too.

I really don't think we'll get anything except just the 'Fugitive' episodes. But, honestly, that's OK by me too. :)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
-Fantasy Island

-Just Shoot Me

-Dream On

-Growing Pains. I know it hasn't been long since the last release, but it's not looking good for more.

-Different Strokes. Ditto.

Ben King

Stunt Coordinator

Season one of both Six Million and Bionic have been released in the UK and will be released in Australia by Universal. I've no idea why they haven't been released in the US. I'm guessing that this must be some territorial licensing issue. I've also heard that a certain actor is involved in a legal dispute with a certain company due to unpaid residuals.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
David, you spoke to us all who want to see their faves get the royal treatment. As a Dark Shadows fan, I've been far luckier DVDwise, but there are still shows left dangling.

Where's the rest of Malcolm In The Middle? Once again Fox is showing itself to be the worst of the majors- it took forever between seasons 1 and 2 of The Mary Tyler Moore Show until public outcry forced Fox's hand.

Despite its great work in going deep into the CBS vaults (Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, Sgt. Bilko, and the upcoming Perry Mason just to name a few), Paramount has dropped the ball on its classic 70s comedies Happy Days and its spinoffs Laverne & Shirley and Mork & Mindy- where are the second and following seasons?? Please don't end up acting like Fox with its repackaging of X-Files and Buffy The Vampire Slayer episodes in various collections once the season sets are done!

And Universal, where's the rest of:

color Dragnet
Night Gallery
Emergency!
McMillan & Wife
McCloud????? Start moving!!

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
Who's the Boss? seasons 2-8. After that article that came out last week, I've officially resigned myself to the fact that no season besides season 1 of WTB? will ever come to DVD.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
TJ Hooker - season 3 onwards

Misfits Of Science - I SO want this show!

The Equalizer - haven't given up on this one yet...

John

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
"Airwolf"...

If they'd put pictures on the back of the packaging of the actual cast (instead of the cast of the lame USA version), they might have sold more copies of Season 1.

I'd also like to see...

"Peacemakers" -- the excellent Tom Berenger USANetwork series from a few years ago that was cancelled after a mere season.

ethanTo

Stunt Coordinator
The Adventures of Sinbad
http://www.tv.com/the-adventures-of-...8/summary.html

All we need is a season 2, it's not like there were any advertising costs (they did not advertise the release of season 1 in any way shape or form that I'm aware, they didn't even distribute it in the US, only Canada!) or extras, and the packaging was as cheap as conceivably possible without putting them
onto a DVD spindle and just mailing you that. Come onnnnnn! I just want to see them.

marcSo

Stunt Coordinator
More Happy days.barney miller.father knows best. the donna reed show and my three sons

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks