What's new

Season sets we've waited too long for. Losing hope. (2 Viewers)

John*P

Second Unit

Supposedly, Diff'rent Strokes: Season 2 is mentioned in the latest Sony TV-DVD pamphlet that is being packaged with Bewitched. Hopefully we'll get it by the end of the year...

Jon_Gu

Stunt Coordinator
S.W.A.T. - Now over 2 years since Season 1 was released (Jun03). A release of S2 would complete the entire run of the show.

Baretta - October will make 3 years from the original release date. I hope the studios will give this one a second chance since TVonDVD was still in its infancy 3 years ago...at least it was to me.

I'm starting to get a little worried about Starsky & Hutch, the fourth and final season. If the pattern had been followed, looks like it should have come out this month. It doesn't look like it's even on the radar at this point.

I have a feeling S3 didn't sell well, it was almost impossible to find at B&M stores.

Season 1 - Mar04
Season 2 - Jul04
Season 3 - Mar05
Season 4 - ?

Same for Wiseguy, looking at the release date patterns we should at least have a release date by now. Reportedly there would be 6 volumes released. I wonder if the vol4 audio problem is going to affect the release of the 2 remaining volumes? Once again, the last release was difficult to find in B&M stores...I think this was my first DVD purchase from an e-tailer.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
After the Cosby Show debacle, I'm losing hope in any TV show on DVD done right again. This is not some obscure show that lapsed into the public domain decades ago for which the original negatives are missing. This is The Cosby Show.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
well, at least Starsky And Hutch fans got 3 seasons over the span of a year and change.... season 2 of Charlie's Angels came out a month after season 1 of Starsky and there's still been no word about season 3.

It's Sony, I wouldn't be worried about S&H just yet. 4 months without an announcement after a release is nothing for them, lol.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

You said it, Bryan. That's the toughest part for me about being in the TV/DVD market as a consumer.

Back on-topic: As for me, I doubt either "bionic" series will be released from Universal due to the ongoing legal/rights issues. I hope I'm wrong. My other "waits" are in my signature.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

what happened with Bionic and Six Million Dollar Man? I remember last year hearing "it's coming soon", what happened to hold it up?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
I'm waiting on correctly done sets of The Real World, Season 2 (Los Angeles) and Season 3 (San Francisco), both complete and unedited with the original rock music used in the MTV telecasts (not that canned generic music as used in S1).

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

not only that, at the launch for the Buck Rogers set a Universal exec explicitly stated that work was being undertaken on the shows for release in 05.
theres still two months left (October releases like Alfred Hitchcock and American Gothic and supposedly Munsters S2 would seem to indicate that month is already full) but i'm getting a bad feeling that tells me its not going to be this year either.

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter

JoshuaB.: It hasn't been a year yet. With the popularity of Rod Serling and the fact that this is only 3 seasons, I'm sure they'll finish the series.

Now... Mad About You, Barney Miller, and Malcolm in the Middle fans have very legitimate concerns right now, to name a few.

JamesTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
Just Shoot Me, Malcolm in the Middle, Spin City, Mad about You. Also sets that haven't been released at all - Jesse, Judging Amy, Veronica's Closet, Suddenly Susan, The In-Laws, Do Over, Grosse Pointe,and Two Guys and A Girl.

Kris_AB

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kris

Yep. Just fading more and more into obscurity. People forgetting. I'm still sore over that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks