What's new

Season 1 owners waiting on the release of the rest of the seasons (1 Viewer)

Titania41

Auditioning
Real Name
Nancy
When will the powers that be understand that they are hurting their own markets? For older televsion shows, they should just release the complete sereis and be done with it! I'm tired of buying a first season of a show I once loved in hopes that enough of us will purchase so that the the remainder of the series will be released. Those of us who want the older shows, have the purchasing power to buy complete sets--and absolutely would do it.

Yet, here I sit with incomplete sets of A Different World, Everwood, (woo-hoo, we're finally getting ONLY season 2 HOW many years later???) Facts of Life, Fame (I'm hoping the movie re-vamp coming out might spur the release of more seasons or a complete set), Family, Here Come the Brides, King of the Hill, Life Goes On, Malcolm in the Middle, Mary Tyler Moore, Once and Again (1 season release would finish the series, guys!), Party of Five, Picket Fences, St. Elsewhere--and the Australian drama that I've bought on Amazon.com.uk--The Secret Life of Us which has series 4 our for pre-sale, but keeps moving the release date farther into the future. I know there are other "methods" of completing my series sets, but I would prefer not to use them. I must admit, though, it gets more tempting with each day that passes... I just want to see the show that I enjoyed so many years ago, in its entirety.

I won't even get started on how some of what I would consider the "worst" shows have gotten full releases, because I'm sure there are people out there who would put my list above in that category--personal taste being what it is and all...
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Midnight Mike

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I would certainly enjoy the remaining seasons to "Love American Style". There are some really good episodes in those seasons, as well as the pilot to "Happy Days".

Qrusher14242

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel Dressel
I have a few, American Dreams is the one i hope for the most to see on TVShowsondvd, although its very unlikely. I bought St. Elsewhere S1, but havent watched it cause once i do i will want to see the rest lol. I also got Perfect Strangers, but its a S1&S2 release, but doesnt look like they are going to release anymore :frowning:

Also have Whose Line is it Anyway and Drew Carey Show S1 releases, but seems like are in limbo. Luckily, i can watch Drew Carey Show everyday on tv.

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
Im surprised not many have posted.

I am waiting on Silverspoons, Drew Carey, Step by Step, Different Strokes,

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Boomtown, She Spies, Poltergeist: The Legacy, Jeremiah, Fame, Dharma & Greg, 227, American Dreams, Welcome Back Kotter, Strong Medicine, This Is Wonderland, Cold Squad, The Bill Cosby Show, Bernie Mac Show etc

The stalled release I really want continued is Touched By An Angel, The Facts Of Life and All In the Family

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
American Dreams is at the top of my list; it's also never been seen (to my knowledge) in reruns, so I can't even tape it.

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
What about Paramount's series "The Sentinel." One of the better shows which has yet to see further releases beyond Season 1.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
My list of shows that seem abandoned after one release: Alias Smith & Jones, and The Fall Guy. I could throw The Big Valley on there since technically, we only got one full season

Mr. Ed

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Edward Van Fossan
Seems the biggest complaint in the world for those of us who love older TV shows on dvd. Once they have a hook into us they don't bring us to the surface; they instead let us drown. Too bad we just can't rent the shows from studioes and copy them ourselves. Now, before I start hearing the legality of all this, remember it's only a pipe dream. And like all pipe dreams they go up in smoke on a windy day. My incomplete sets include All In The Family...The Jeffersons....a few others. Two incomplete but hopefully still alive are Happy Days and Laverne and Shirley. Fortunately for me a half dozen others have been completed. Just keep swimming everyone. Hopefully we'll touch shore oneday.

Ian K McLachlan

Second Unit
Real Name
Ian Kenneth McLachlan
The one I'm really surprised about is Flipper. Reading the reviews on Amazon it seems that lots of people appreciated the release of this series. The prints are in a marvellous condition. And it seems as if this release was not popular enough for the other Ivan Tors shows to be released either. I would very much like to see Daktari again which was a very popular series in its day.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
They just need to keep it up with burn-on-demand, or else dvds that are available thru mail order.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Season 1 only sets I own & am waiting for further releases:

Silver Spoons
The Fall Guy
Growing Pains
Perfect Strangers
Pit Pony
Beyond Reality

If you include 2 seasons and none further:

Gimme A Break
Diff'rent Strokes

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
In a way, I'm fortunate in that my one-and-done list only really consists of three series:

DRAGNET (1960s version)
WKRP IN CINCINNATI (though a music rights abomination)
ZATOICHI (Media-Blasters' release of this Japanese live-action show)

--plus the first half of the one-season series, THE CHAMPIONS, though the whole run is available in R2 and R4.

If you expand it to include "best of" discs that never went any further than a volume or two, however, I'm still waiting on more of:

MAVERICK
PASSWORD (1960s version... very addictive viewing)
GET A LIFE!
PLAYBOY AFTER DARK (Hefner's 1950s & 1960s syndicated variety shows)
BEANY & CECIL

phenri

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

I'm with you. Love American Style is #1 on my wishlist for shows to be completed. If Love American Style is continued, I'd be thrilled! Unfortunately, I haven't seen any indication that it will, which is a shame.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
St. Elsewhere for one season release. Really want all of them.

Only two seasons of Hill St. Blues, still waiting for the final five.

Doug

jamoon2006

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Mooney
I'd love to see more of The Equalizer. Although with Universal, I've learned to never give up. If they'll roll out more Quincy four years after starting, there's still hope.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Well looks like Fame season 2 is coming but packaged with season 1. I guess they expect season 1 owners to double dip.

MattQuack

Agent
Real Name
Matt
Malcolm in the Middle
Perfect Strangers

Not sure if these could be considered because they were volumes not seasons, but Inspector Gadget and Heathcliff cartoons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks