Sears Special Interest Rate Deal on Toshiba Widescreen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by WilliamG, Jul 6, 2002.

1. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Does anyone know if the 30-day price guarantee holds true on special offers such as "no interest till July 2003"?

Reason is, I bought my Tosh 50H81 3 weeks ago when Sears was offering no interest till Jan., and I thought that I'd go back today and try to get them to extend it ANOTHER 6 months during this special deal this weekend.

2. Jan Strnad

Jan Strnad Screenwriter

I can't answer your specific question, but remember that you need to PAY OFF the TV before the "interest free" period ends, or you'll pay an EXORBITANT rate of interest that goes back to the first "interest free" month. In other words, if you don't pay off the TV before the end of the "interest free" period, you'll owe interest for the entire period...and it'll be at an incredibly high rate!

Before the end of the "interest free" period, if you can't pay off the TV any other way, make sure you write one of those "convenience checks" to pay it off and transfer the balance to another credit card! Otherwise you're stuck for a high rate of interest during the supposedly "interest free" period.

J.

3. WilliamG

WilliamG Supporting Actor

Well, I put it on the SearsPlus card that supposedly has only a 10% int. rate.