What's new

Sears return policy - very liberal (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
:emoji_thumbsup:
I bought a DVD from Sears about 45 days ago (at that time, the sales person said that I had 30 days to return it without a restock fee, and then up to 60 days for a 10% restock fee, and up to 90 days for a 20% restock fee. Well, someone was feeling generour and waived the restock fee for me, so I was able to get a total refund after 6 weeks. Just thought I'd give kudos for Sears' return policy.
I returned the player was in like-new condition (I don't abuse any of my HT gear).
BTW, I "upgraded" my DVD player once more in the interim, thus the return, otherwise, no major complaints about the DVD player that I returned. :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
With all your posts here and there it's suprise you had a chance to go back.:)
Brent

Dave Reichert

Stunt Coordinator
The "re-stocking fee" actually doesn't take hold until 90 days where we (I work at Sears) charge a 20% usage fee. I forget the exact schedule, but it the usage fee goes up every few months after 3 out to 2 years I think.

Usually we waive the usage fee anyways if you've got the receipt, all the included accessories, and come in with a good attitude. Bitching will get rid of the usage too sometimes, but a good attitude works best most of the time.

Rich E

Agent
sears is very liberal about returns, they're used to stuff being returned.

About a thousand years ago I worked at a sears and virtually any product that was sold with the "sears" logo on it came back defective after obviously having been used and abused.

They must have very clever ways of making money, a nickel her and a dime there, it all adds up.

Keep in mind that sears is one of the most crooked retailers around and are constantly being busted for scamming their card holders and ripping of clients. Somethings about overcharging every cardholder a nikel or so----it all adds up in their favor.

When I was there they had just settled a massive lawsuit regarding their auto repair division and wound up just closing the whole repair division and resorting to just selling tires and batteries.

A word to the wise, stores like this are notorious for selling returned/repackaged items as "new". always inspect your purchase very carefully and if it looks the least bit suspect tell them get me another one or give me my money back.

my 2cents...only shop at sears as a last resort

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
When I was there they had just settled a massive lawsuit regarding their auto repair division and wound up just closing the whole repair division and resorting to just selling tires and batteries.
And since then they have been busted for charging customers to rotate tires, without rotating them :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks