sears pricematching

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Robertson, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

2. Neeraj

Neeraj Extra

Craig:

Sears should match "any" online retailer. I recently got them to match shopsunshine.com (which it not listed on their web page) for my Yamaha receiver.

They have a list of "approved" retailers that they price match (NOT the list on their website). If your retailer is on this list, it should be pretty smooth. If the retailer is not on their list, they will take a longer time to research their website and find out if they sell new unopened items only (not refurbished, used, etc. and they might also decide to call them). I had them pricematch dvdaudiovideo.com (not sure if this was the website) but since it was not on their list, it was kind of a pain to get them to pricematch. After about 2 days of pestering them though, they accepted. Lastly, they have a "black list" as well of online retailers that have sold used or unfurbished items in the past and if your retailer is on their list, they will NOT pricematch it.

The local stores do not usually have these lists on hand so they call some kind of Sears web management headquarters to find out if they will pricematch.

Hope this helps.