What's new

Sears pricematch? (1 Viewer)

Phil L

Supporting Actor
Could someone please point me in the direction of the sears price-matching policy?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Click on Dave's hyperlink of the word "Here," which takes you to the Sears website, and scroll down a couple paragraphs. Worked for me.

Phil L

Supporting Actor
That worked fine. Much thanks. Anyone know who sears considers an established online retailer?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
When they ring you up and go to a pricematch screen, it actually brings up a matrix showing all of the competitors they will pricematch. It looked rather extensive, and she marked it so quickly I didn't have a chance to peruse.
On a different occassion when I asked to see the list on their screen, I was derailed in a polite attempt to say "no" without coming out and saying it. You can ask at your local Sears, but your mileage may vary. :)

Bob Friend

Stunt Coordinator
I have it on authority from a relative who works at Sears that it's not their policy to check when you claim to have seen a lower price elsewhere. According to this relative they are supposed to just go ahead and match the price. She's been with Sears since the horse & buggy days and through personal experience I've found that they don't check when you mention that you've seen a price cheaper elsewhere

Bob

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
My Sears does check, at least that is what the salesman said when I asked. I asked him just last night if it was true that they matched online prices. He said just bring in the ad and they match the price PLUS shipping. that is why he told me to bring in the ad, for the shipping price.

dan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Yes, you are *supposed* to bring in, rather than the ad, a printout of the screen where it shows what your final cost would be for the item including shipping, and they pricematch THAT. Then add tax plus their own delivery fee, if you get it delivered.
My local Sears didn't ask for all that. I brought in the prinout of the everday price, and they processed it as-is.
How stringent your local Sears - or each individual employee - is falls under the old saying, "Your Milage May Vary". :)

BrianJacks

Auditioning
I used to work in the Sears electronics dept, and yes, employees are supposed to check the details of any price-matching request.

-Brian

Doug Pyle

Second Unit
Real Name
Doug
Note if you live in the 49th or 50th state:
Stores in Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii will not match online prices.
Actually, I could never figure the logic of that one out. Sears isn't the only local store who make the Hawaii exclusion. It's a great policy, that is if promoting online competitors is the goal. By the way, the online companies get a lot of my business.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks