Sears Online Price Matching Policy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DanaA, May 16, 2002.

1. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

My wife wants a new digital camcorder. After doing my research, I decided one of the Sony minicams with the Zeiss lens was best. The cheapest I could find one at at any of the retailers was $799, on sale. I decided to see if I could get someone down in price by haggling with the prices offered by online sources. At Best Buy, Circuit City, and Good Guys, I had no luck, other than to have them reduce the price by $50. I called Sears today and asked if they still matched online prices and, with no hesitation, the sales rep told my they would do so, adding only that the matched price would have to include the online sources shipping costs. I asked whether this was restricted to certain online dealers, such as those that include the full factory warrantee and was told that they would match anyone's price, that, if it was factory packaged, it included the warrantee. I made an appointment to pick the videocam tomorrow. Even with shipping, it will save me over 20% compared to other local retailers. I applaud Sears for their policy. I'm sure that they'll still make a reasonable profit and they definitely have a happy customer.

2. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    I think it might depend on the sears or the department cause my father was buying a RPTV from Sears and the guy was saying that they don't match online prices because he was claiming that alot of them are refurbished...

Jay