Sears and Dish 6023 Advice Wanted???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Franklin_C, Feb 23, 2001.

1. Franklin_C

Franklin_C Auditioning

I have seen at least one post indicating that Sears will match any Online Price for a DISH 6023 system, even for current subscribers? How many have tried this without problems from Dishnetwork? The lowest price I have seen online is $348. Is Sears screwing up here or are they getting some deal that others are not? I do not want to make this purchase and find out I have to pay some Dishnetwork penalty of $200. Please Advise! Thanks.

2. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

I am the one that posted that deal here. I have recently now seen other posts of people doing the same thing on other forums. Not sure if they read my posts here or thought of it themselves.
    Anyway, I did it with no problems. This is the page I took to Sears for the match, http://www.allsat.com/product.shtml , so I was able to get it for $398.00. Anyway, there is no contract to sign or anything to worry about. You will owe nothing to anyone except for the initial charges of the system with Sears. I took the above mentioned page and after one call to corporate and an internet check, I walked out with my new system. I did specifially take a page from the net that did not spell out the new-subscriber agreement that most internet pages have. You have to remember that Sears sells their receivers for the same price whether or not you are a new subscriber.
    C. Ryan

3. Franklin_C

Franklin_C Auditioning

Thanks for the info!
    I assume you did not have to set up any service agreement commitments with Dish, meaning you kept your current programming? I have a Dual LBN 500, running a 4700 downstairs to my HT system. I have a 2700 upstairs. When I add the twin LBN 500, 300 and SW 21, I think I will need another SW 21 to get the upstairs 2700 to get the 110 and 119 Sats? I plan to replace the 4700 with the 6000. This almost seems like stealing [​IMG]

4. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

There are no agreements on either end. It is just like going out and buying a stand-alone receiver. All you have to do is call Dish and tell them you have a new receiver you want authorized to your acount. And if you want to delete the other one go ahead and do that as well. The 6023 does come with 2 SW21 switches BTW. You may want to go during the day so that a manager can approve it for you. I did it at night and had to go back the next day to get it after manager approval. I found out when I went back that they had also contacted corporate to OK it as well. No problems whatsoever.
    C. Ryan

5. Mikey P

Mikey P Auditioning

Did you get the 6023 package because that was all Sears offered? The real steal seems to me to be the 6022 which is offered at $298. If you already have a dish which you can point at 61.5 all you need to get then is the pair of SW21's which are $19.95 each. Does Sears offer the 6022?
    ------------------
    -mikep

6. Robert G

Robert G Stunt Coordinator

I already have dish 500. Wouldn't I need the 6123 package if I wanted locals? With the 6023 you do not get the OTA module right ? I am also confused on which switches I would need. My current 500 system has the LNB's that look like two separate LNB's. Is this the twin? Which switches do I need? Other than that I need the second dish(for the 61.5), and the 6000 receiver with the OTA module right?? [​IMG] Thanks.

7. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

You do need to have a Twin LNB to be able to get both dishes hooked up together. The Twin looks like one big head. The one with 2 small ones is a Dual and will NOT work with 2 dish installations UNLESS you get one of the more expensive switches like the SW64.
    Anyway, Sears only carries the 6023 model, so that is what you are stuck with in this deal. Also, the 6023 comes with the 6000 receiver, a Dish500 with TWIN LNB, a Dish300 with single LNB, and 2 SW21 switches so that you can have up to two receivers without adding additional switches.
    So the 6023 comes with EVERYTHING you need to get up and going for HD and 2 receivers. Except for the second receiver of course.
    However, it does not come with the 8VSB OTA module. You have to buy that separately. You can get the OTA module for only $119 though here. http://www.dss1.com/accessories.htm
    C. Ryan

8. Robert G

Thank you very much. I was wondering if my current 500 system was going to have to be replaced. Looks like it will since I have the dual LNB. Thanks again.

9. Tim Sly

Tim Sly Stunt Coordinator

Just got my Dish 6023 system in the mail today from Dishdepot.com for $384 shipped and they included a free 2nd receiver (2800). My 6023 system came with only one SW21 switch(as advertised at Dishdepot) but I won't need another switch because I only need the HD signals from 61.5 satellite to go to the 6000 receiver anyway. All my other programming will come from 110 and 119 sats over the DISH 500.
    Can't wait to get it all hooked up tomorrow and try out the HD on my TW56x81!
    I was wondering, the system I got is advertised as the
    "6023 system" but the actual receiver model is the dish 6000. Is the receiver itself just called the 6000 model?
    ------------------
    Tim Sly
    Pics of My Dedicated HT with the TW56X81

10. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Tim, yes the Dish 6000 is packaged into systems which are then numbered 6022, 6023 etc. They all will come with different equipment. Anyway, it is good that you went ahead and got in on HD while able to take advantage of the new subscriber benefits. Best way to do it of course.
    However, current subscribers are not in the same boat. Without this Sears deal, the 6023 system for new subscribers costs around $698.00. So $398 for current subscriber is unheard of.
    C. Ryan

11. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Just curious if anyone was able to get the deal.
    C. Ryan

12. Franklin_C

Franklin_C Auditioning

I am waiting to here news on our Taxes for 2000. Our Accountant called and said he should have a verdict tonight. If its good news then it will be easier to get the wife onboard. She let me get a Pioneer Elite DVC-36 DVD player last month, so I am streching it a bit going full HDTV this month. Keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the advice about going during the day for Managers approval. Hope to do this soon before Sears changes their policy.

13. Mikey P

Mikey P Auditioning

Well, I went to my local Sears yesterday to shop for this deal, and it didn't go well. When I could finally get the "service" person away from the DVD he was watching to talk with me regarding the 6023 package, he knew almost nothing about it other than what he could read out of his cheat sheet. When I asked about the "low price guarantee" which was displayed all over the store, he replied that yes, they would price match "another store price". When I asked if that included ONLINE prices, he said no, no online price matches, only store price matches. When I then asked to see a written copy of the price match policy to confirm that it did not include online prices as none of the posters in the store mentioned this, he stated that there was no written policy, that his manager had told him this was the store policy since November. He claimed that online stores were simply selling at a loss, and Sears just couldn't afford to price match against this kind of competition...
    Well duh, excuse me, but doesn't "low price guarantee", and "price match" actually mean that you are meeting your competitors prices, and not picking and choosing who to price match on because they actually have a lower price than you?
    I didn't push the issue any further to get a manager involved since they didn't have any stock any way, but I will try a different store today and see what kind of results I get there. It seems this Sears deal really depends on your local store and their interpretation of the policy.
    If anyone can get a copy of the actual Sears policy which we can use to enforce a deal such as this, by all means do so and share it with the forum.
    ------------------
    -mikep

14. Franklin_C

Franklin_C Auditioning

Here's what I found. I called the Customer Care number from the Online site. I was told by a supervisor that in order to match a price 1) The item must be in stock at the Other vendor. 2) There must not be any rebates 3) It has to be the same product as Sears is selling. #3 is where the hang up is. Since most Online Satellite sites sell the 6023 but only with a programming commitment, Sears views this as a different product than the package they sell. As such there is no price match. So CRyan, looks like to buffaloed your local store into a sweet deal. I spoke to the folks a www.dishdepot.com, they can put together a competitive package for those like me who 1) Have a current Dual LBN Dish 500 2) Have two receivers, and will swap one current receiver out for the new 6000 3) Includes the 8VSB module. I suggested that they put something up on their site that details this upgrade package for current Dish customers. The problem is that it does not apply to all people depending on their requirements and current equipment. Bottom line is if you are a current customer of Dish, you pay more though the nose.

15. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

Well, I now from previous threads that some Sears stores are not up on their policy. Anyway, I had not heard or read the 3 part policy when we went to get the pricematch. It is strange then that the manager and then corporate okayed it for me. I know for a fact that other have gotten the deal on other forum. So you could simply go into the store of your choice and ask inocently like I did. I had never used their online pricematch policy before, so I had no idea how they would handle it or if my store would even know about the policy. But it all worked great without a hitch.
    I wish I had known about it before as I could have gotten a much better deal on my Mits.
    Hope it works out,
    C. Ryan

16. Mikey P

Mikey P Auditioning

Well, I went to another Sears store in the area yesterday and this one also had the price match posters on display. The very first (and largest) one clearly stated that the low price guarantee was for "local store, in stock items only". None of the other displays contained this text.
    It looks like some may be lucky enough to have a nearby store who is not really up to speed on the policy, but not everyone.
    ------------------
    -mikep

17. CRyan

CRyan Screenwriter

It is a corporate policy to pricematch online prices.
    However, I have now been informed that several people have tried this deal and have been refused. So, it is probably not worth anyones time to try and get the deal at this point. However, you never know.
    C. Ryan

18. Robert G

Franklin,
    Did they give you a price for this competitive package at dish depot? I am in the same boat as you and will be getting my WS 65907 on Friday so I am VERY interested. Thanks

19. Franklin_C

Franklin_C Auditioning

Robert,
    Mark at DishDepot quoted me a price of $649. It included the 6000, a Twin LBN, an 18inch dish, and the 8VSB. This assumes that you have a Dish 500 Dual LBN. You would remove the Dual LBN from your current 500 and put on the Twin. Take one LBN that you removed and put it on the 18 inch dish. I have two receiver so I all ready have the SW 21's I need. Hope this helps. This gives you an extra LBN for backup.

20. Robert G

Thanks. I am assuming I would have the switches as well. I have two receivers also. Sounds like a decent deal. How do I know for sure if I have the right switches? Thanks again.