What's new

Searching for Receiver (1 Viewer)

GeneYes

Auditioning
I am looking to get a receiver to power Energy speakers (C500, Take LCR and 12" sub).
My TV has 2 HDMI ports and I heard that all the bugs are not worked out on the HDMI switching yet. I am looking for a solid receiver that will sound great, lots of power and easy setup (first real home theater). So can I still run the HDMI directly into the TV and then use optical audio to the receiver to use when needed, or will this couse the lip synch issue?

I talked to an install tech and he told me that they like to go with Integra, because they will talk with almost all 3rd party components.

Any help would be great, since my price range(under 1K CAD) is probably going to push me towards Best Buy and other box stores where the knowledge is not so high.

I also seen that Costco.ca has the 3806 for $1199.00 CAD.

Thanks

GeneYes

Auditioning
I looked into getting the Pioneer vsx1015, but they are currently sold out at Candian Best Buy's. The reason I was looking at this receiver is because I have decided I do not need HDMI switching and that the majority of use will be Movies and HDTV.

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a receiver that would be good for what I am going to be doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks