What's new

Searching for a new tv. Input welcomed (1 Viewer)

brendend

Auditioning
Finally got the wife onboard with replacing our tv. 50" Toshiba lcd. We're looking to upgrade to 60-65". Dont care if its 3d or not. Just needs to be a slim smart tv. Kids at the local best buy aren't exactly helpful and I refuse to do business with hhgreg after our washer fiasco. Lookinh to keep it between 1000-1200ish. Thanks for the help

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Congrats, the wife is always the hard part. Remember smart features can easily be accomplished by a cheap blu ray player if you are finding a TV with good performance but lacking smart features (which is possible in your price range). Also take a look at previous model years for better prices.Id start doing some reading. The Katz has compiled a list of the more current models but if you price around you may find better prices than listed. Im partial to Panasonic, obviously, but take a look:http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs-56-inches-and-above/

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray

Dan Driscoll

Supporting Actor
I'll ditto the plasma recommendation, unless you have lighting issues. LCD has closed the gap, but plasma still has better black levels, color rendition and is less subject to motion artifacts than LCD.. And with comparable feature sets and quality, plasma is generally less expensive on a per inch basis than LED-LCD.

I have a Samsung, which I consider 2nd to Panasonic for absolute picture quality, but it's fairly small difference, IMO. The most noticeable difference is price; Samsung can be considerably less expensive for the same size and comparable features.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks