Searching for a gift and i need help finding it

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sarah Temple, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Sarah Temple

Sarah Temple Agent

okay, my boyfriend really wants to be a director when he grows up (he in fact introduced me to the home theater forum) and i really wanted to get him this really sort of strange gift. whenever i see documentaries with spielberg or kubrick or anything, i always see them looking through this little viewfinder of sorts. i think it helps them visualize the shot more acurately. anyway, i wanted to know if anyone knew where i could get one of these viewfinders. if you could help me i would really really appreciate it. thank you very much for your time.

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

3. Sarah Temple

Sarah Temple Agent

yeah that is what i am looking for, but you are right, that isnt cheap... guess i cant swing that one for christmas

4. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Your boyfriend doesn't read this forum anymore?

You could also get him a director's chair.

~T

5. Sarah Temple

Sarah Temple Agent

oh he does read this forum, but usually hes too busy talking about lord of the rings or punch drunk love or star wars to come over to the after hours lounge, so it thought id be safe over here to ask the question. my boyfriend is just as big of a geek as i am, if not more. we have fun being geeks though. im really glad he introduced me to the forum, everyone here is always willing to help out. thanks a lot guys, you both have been helpful to me. and the director's chair is a good idea, thanks!

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

How about a "real" clapperboard? They're definitely a lot cheaper than the viewfinder, but just as authentic!