What's new

Search Page (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Don't know if this is possible with the new software, but I've been having a few annoyances with the search feature. If others feel the same way, and you can make the changes it would be much appreciated.

If I run a search that doesn't show any results, I can't just press the back button, change my search and try again. I have to go back to the previous window and load the search page again. I'd like to just be able to hit the back key.

If I run a search and get some results, but want to narrow the topic I have to click on the search link, retype the search and reselect the right forum to search within. It would be nice if you could press the back key and have your previous search still there, or even have the same thing happen when you click on the seach link at the top of the page.

Finally, it would also be nice if when you click on the search link when you are in a particular forum that forum would automatically be selected on the search page.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dustin:

What browser are you using? I use IE 5.5 and 6.02, Netscape 4.79 and 6.2 and Opera 6.1 and in each one if I don't find something in a search I just use the back button and it takes me back to the main search page.

In those cases where it finds something and I want to refine the search I just hit my back button twice to take me back to the search page.

To search in a particular forum area just type in the "Search This Forum" box near the top on the right of any forum page the subject you wanted searched for and it will show you only those posts in that particular forum. Just hitting the search button wouldn't provide you with any results anyway as it wouldn't know what you were wanting to search for.

Parker

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I'm using IE5.5 and Win2k.

You sure you didn't change something :p)

I don't get it, was doing what I said last night, but today it's doing exactly what you said it should be doing.

Never saw that search in this forum box before though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks