What's new

search function malfunction... (1 Viewer)

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
is the search function now permanently disabled? the last 50 times i have tried to use it i get the same error message, even weekdays at 3AM. i love the site, i love the messageboards, but without a search feature, it renders the message board pretty useless.

Sorry. Due to high server loads the search function is disabled. Please try your search again in a few minutes.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
It's not a bug. It's feature. :)

Yes, for the moment it has to be disabled due to high traffic. It's a hard decision, but would you rather have a search function and then unable to post? Try outside the crowdy hours (I do automatically :) ).

When the new servers will be fully operational, hopefully the load will diminish enough to be able for all of us to use the search function again in a normal way.

Cees

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
As Shawn says, lately it doesn't seem to make any difference how "crowdy" it is. No search allowed.

I almost made the same post yesterday. I've been catching up on some movies on DVD and was curious about what the HTF discussion had been about them. But without the search function, I can't find them. :frowning:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
We promise -- we are close to solving the server
problems that are the cause of us disabling the
SEARCH feature during busy hours.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The search function will go down automatically when the loads to the server are too high. The new servers should be online soon and this should resolve the situation.

As I have stated before I would rather be able to read and reply to messages on the forum than have the search function running. With the search operational during high load times then the rest of the board slows to a crawl.

Thanks for your patience in this matter until we get the new servers online.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread