Search for a scene from one of the "Dune" miniseries

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gary Cliff, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Gary Cliff

Gary Cliff Stunt Coordinator

I watched both the "Dune" and "Children of Dune" miniseries quite awhile ago, and I remember a scene involving 3 characters (I can't even remember now who they were), where one character, in response to what another character has said, spits on the ground. The other character begins to take offence, but the third character intervenes with something like: "Your water is accepted in the spirit in which it is given" and the tension is diffused. If anyone recognizes this scene, I would appreciate it if you could let me know approximately where it is on which disk of which miniseries. Thanks!

2. seanOhara

seanOhara Supporting Actor

It's in Part 1 of the original miniseries, I believe either right before or after Paul and Leto take the ornithopter trip and rescue the spice miner.

3. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    The scene also appears in the extended TV cut of the David Lynch film, following approximately the same dialogue, but featuring Paul, Thufir, Yueh, and Gurney (playing his baliset, a scene Lynch reportedly hated but which I didn't mind) seated in a semi-circle, chillin'.

Jürgen Prochnow does the water-pouring-thing in response to Dr. Kynes' Fremspittle-gesture.

4. KurtEP

KurtEP Supporting Actor

More specifically, its around 1 hour and 13 minutes (segment 15) of the first disk of Dune by the Sci Fi Channel (not the special edition).

5. Gary Cliff

Gary Cliff Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for all the help!