What's new

Search disabled (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Adam:

I had to take it off line for a bit. It was killing the rest of the board. I am in the process of deciding whether or not to disable the search during the peak times of the forum so that normal posting and replying can take place.

Parker

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
I find searching the best way to keep track of my posts. Plus if someone searches for a certain topic, they might not start a new thread thus saving valuable space. With over one million posts here at HTF, answers to people's questions are bound to show up. I know keeping HTF up to speed during peak hours costs $$$...I'll chip in a few bucks to keep her alive, just ask!

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Chuck:

Thanks for the offer. I know the advantage have the search up and running during the day is a plus but if you cannot post or reply to a message or even read a thread I would rather sacrifice the search function for a few hours a day instead of not being able to read the board.

Parker

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
Well, it's an extreme inconvenience for me. With so many different boards and categories, I use the Newest Posts function to browse the forums.

But if the search is down, it no longer works, but it still updates my last visited time. So if I don't browse every board individually right then, the next time I come back and use the New Posts function I will have missed a lot of posts.

Just my 2-cents.

Dominik Droscher

Supporting Actor
Search is the most essential feature of the boards and I already miss it even though it is only temporary down. If you need a bigger server/better connection, ask your members, we helped once and we will help again. :)
edit: Ups, already planned as it seems, I just read Ron's post from a few days ago. This seems to be more serios than I thought.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dominik:

As I said above. Although I know that the search function is an essential feature of the board I would personally prefer to read the board and post/reply to messages. The search function uses about 200% more of system resources than any other function of the board. When we can get this resolved we will but something has to be done in the interim that will allow the forum to be up and running without dragging down to such a crawl that you can't even read it.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks