What's new

Seaquest..... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I have been transferring over my Seaquest sp tapes to dvd. And am almost finished with the 3rd season. It is amazing to watch the digression of the show. It went from a interesting show about undersea life in the near future to "Baywatch-Quest" in the second season. To a really dark future in the 3rd season. I am not saying the first season was perfect. But, it really went down hill after. It also shows what happens when a studio takes control away from a creator and figures they know what is best.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, I kind of enjoyed the third season - it wasn't as good as the first, but it wasn't the confused mess that the second was.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I was going to tape SQ off sci-fi and then they stopped showing it

capt

Alan Benson

Stunt Coordinator
The first season was vaguely too Trek-derivative in terms of crew dynamics, but it was a solid effort...

The "Baywatch" season that followed was such a let-down and an insult that I couldn't bear to watch much. Dumping Stephanie Beacham in favor of Dom DeLuise's boys? What were they thinking?

I confess I never gave their next makeover a fair chance, thinking that once they lost Roy Schieder it would be a total loss... So you think Season 3 was better than 2? Maybe I should sample it...

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I think it's better, but you have to understand that SQ had become a completely different show by then. I liked it, because it was a little more honest in its action/adventure focus and had less of the "blundering into a story" than the previous year. Michael Ironside wasn't bad, either. "SeaQuest 2032" wasn't much more than an "action hour" series, but it was a decent one.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I also liked the 3rd Season better than the 2nd although there were quite a few episodes in Season 2 that I liked. The 3rd Season had a darker feel and the strongest Sci-Fi elements of the series. Season 1 probably was the best but it also had the slowest paced episodes. At any rate I would buy all 3 Seasons on DVD if Universal releases them.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Man, Sealab 2021 is my favorite show, but I don't remember Roy Scheider being in it. Wait, what is this topic??

Phil

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I did a double-take too Phil.

Debbie showed her t***s at the MC Chris concert in the Bebop Cola episode, but I wouldn't call it "Baywatch Quest" just because of that...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks