What's new

Sealed 75l DPL12 (1 Viewer)

ScottDIY

Agent
I have been working on a 75l sealed enclosure for a DPL12. The box is finished, well enclosed still needs veneer, and waiting for the driver, so I thought that I would ask for opinions on stuffing. Does a 75l box for a DPL12 need to be stuffed, if so how much?

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
IMO any sealed box should be stuffed with damping material.

Use 0.5-1.5 lbs/cu ft

ScottDIY

Agent
Ok, I've stuffed my box ~1 lb/ft2. What are the effects of adding more or less dampening material or are the effects minimal in a sealed box. It sounds pretty good, however my exposure to subwoofers are minimal. I have my crossover set @ 80hz, the sub seams to mate fairly well to my speakers. Over the last year, I have made a few changes / improvements to my equipment, i.e. interconnects, speaker wire and even rewired my Klipsch Heresy. After these changes, I was hearing a lot of low hz, maybe 45-50hz, that I hadn’t before. I listened to a few songs that this was evident in and found that the quality at this range thru the sub was as good as thru the Heresy, but now I don’t find these notes low at all. I do have to find a balance, I guess I'll have to make a trip to Radio Shack for a sound meter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks