1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Seal IV

Discussion in 'Music' started by Rob Gillespie, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Just wanted to start the thread about this album.

First impressions - beautiful melodies and quite a diverse range of styles here. As with the previous three albums, it will take a while for this to sink in (as it is will all good records). Listening to the second track Love's Divine reminds me of why I like Seal so much. He doesn't pander to the current trends. He doesn't warble and wail. He sings. He can hold the notes and doesn't see the need to warp every line into vocal gymnastic exercise. That slightly gravelly rasp of his is always present but he has a very musical, melodic voice.

This one is claiming squatting rights on my player for the next few weeks [​IMG]

2. Kenny_H

Kenny_H Stunt Coordinator

I am also a big Seal fan! I picked it up the day of release and I picked up the the first set of remixes from Get It Together (6 tracks-Album Version 4:21, Peter Rauhofer Classic Club Mix 7:39, Superchumbo's Guilding Light Mix 9:08, Bill Hamel Vocal Mix 10:12, Wide Horizon Remix 8:16, Roy's Soldiers of Universal Love Remix 7:28). What I want next is SACD discs of this or any of his CD's!!!

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Hmm, haven't checked out Seal in a while. I only have and heard his self-titled and do like it, though I haven't listened to it in a while.

I'll have to revisit him.

4. Todd Smigelski

Todd Smigelski Stunt Coordinator

I own all his disks but I cringed at the store - at the site of this new seals' "cardboard" cd case / packaging. [​IMG]

5. Ivan Lindenfeld

Ivan Lindenfeld Second Unit

finally a Seal IV thread!

Got this day and date. I really am enjoying it. One track annoys me, and I'll probably skip it from now on "Let Me Roll." Seems to be pointless.

Otherwise, My Vision jumped out at me.

Still a little overproduced, but in today's pop music world where overproduced has been redefined by Beyonce, it's downright spartanly produced, so... I like it.

It is his voice that keeps me coming back. Lyrically, no new ground, really. But the voice.

*** out of ****

6. Peter Mazur

Peter Mazur Second Unit

I also picked this up on release day. I have only been able to hear it once but it sounded quite good. I will have to give it a few more spins before giving my review. Oh yeah, [​IMG] for me too on the packaging.

7. Jeff Keene

Jeff Keene Supporting Actor

This album is a Warner release. Should I hold my breath and wait for a DVD-A release, or shut up and get the CD?

8. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Yeah, the packaging sucks a big one. And the image on the front is embossed which doesn't make scanning it particularly easy [​IMG]

Love's Divine is still my killer track, followed closely by Loneliest Star.

My Vision I heard earlier this year on Jakatta's album Visions, though that was a slightly different mix.

9. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul

10. Kenny_H

Kenny_H Stunt Coordinator

WAAAAAHHH!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

11. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I also picked this up on the release date. First listen, I was not so excited, but I have listened to it about 10-15 times now, and I have settled into liking most of the album. I would not call it his best work, but I like it just the same. What I found very interesting was his commentary in the liner notes - heart felt and quite deep.

Definitely hate the packaging.

12. Paul.S

Paul.S Producer

Paul