What's new

"Sea of Love: SE" ,5/6/03 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
According to the DVDProfiler Database:
Sea of Love is finally coming to DVD 5/6/03 in a WIDESCREEN edition! I have it in P&S and really want to trash that disc...so I can't wait! :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
If you don't want it, give it to me and I sell it for 5-10 bucks on Ebay.

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
OR...I could always nail my "old" (replaced) DVDs to the wall a'la Trading Spaces as a wall treatment for my home theater room. ;)

I should've done that with all my old DIVX discs!!!! :angry:

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up the Collector's Edition yesterday and I was happy and disappointed at the same time.

On the one hand I was happy that this movie was finally being released in Widescreen and that it includes deleted scenes (the Lorraine Braco scenes I am assuming, since I haven't had a chance to watch it yet.)

However, I was disappointed that the Deleted Scenes were not re-cut into the movie (as they have been in the television version), or at least offered via seamless branching.

Unlike most deleted scenes, I think these add a lot of additional layers to the movie and they have been one of the reasons I always catch this movie when it is shown on television.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
And by the look of the back cover, no remastered soundtrack in 5.1.

The cover looked better on the original release, this looks like a Goodtimes box.

Doug

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
And what's up with the picture of Pacino on the back cover? Doesn't even look like him-maybe it's a younger Pacino?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
ok...BUT....what about the quality of transfer? How is it? It seems as if most people only care about extras anymore instead of the actual presentation.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Sorry-haven't watched it yet! Personally I didn't expect anything but a 2.0 track. I hope to watch it this weekend.

stephen^wilson

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunatley the deleted scenes aren't the the ones that featured on the tv version of the movie(the Lorraine Bracco scenes and the scene of Pacino pulling his gun on the bodyguard outside the school)which is a real shame.I was hoping that these would be on there.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
Aw man. You have to be kidding me. I assumed the deleted scenes had to be the Lorraine Bracco scenes, because those are the only ones listed on IMDB.com.

Now I am really disappointed.

Dave,

While I do care about the transfer, for this particular title it was not my top priority. Widescreen was #1, deleted footage #2.

Finally, does anyone else know if the commentary is new, or is it a port from the LD.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Finally, does anyone else know if the commentary is new, or is it a port from the LD
I bought this yesterday also, as it is one of my favorite Pacino films. The MCA Home Video Laserdisc I own does not have a commentary. Have you actually listened to a LD of this film with a commentary? If so, please describe it.

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
No, I didn't know whether the LD had a commentary. I was attempting to determine (in a poorly worded manner) if the commentary was old or new.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Was this ever re-released on LD a second time in WS &/or with a commentary? My LD is Fullscreen.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I have to agree that it is BS that the Lorraine Bracco scenes aren't on the DVD. The school scene isn't on there either and none of the William Hickey scenes. In short, catch it on TV and you'll see all of them but NONE of them are on this DVD.

The making of special is 15 minutes of garbage. Only the producer and director are present.

The movie is 1.85:1 and looks good. No problems overall. Sound was fine. Not particularly engaging.

This is a new commentary. There was a full screen laser and then later a widescreen.

That's all. Universal has been planning this for years and i'm happy it's here but much like Indy, the extras SEVERELY disappoint for the wait time.

nousername

Supporting Actor
So how was the commentary track? Any chance of Pacino's participation......I know that was a fat chance!
Nope, it was just the director doing the commentary.

Re: the missing deleted scenes... yeah, this is a dissapointment, just the deleted scenes were absent on the Superman II DVD. Seems like the only way to see these scenes is on TV.

Were the missing deleted scenes with Lorraine Bracco on the LD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks