What's new

Sea Hunt (1 Viewer)

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I put the four sets in my cart this afternoon on amazon and when I went back to the computer to check out, the prices had increased to $14.99 a set from the previous price.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
This is by no means conclusive but an Amazon.com (U.S.) customer who purchased the BAT MASTERSON 24 Hour Marathon Collection 8-disc box set is very pleased with it. Apparently the picture and sound quality of the video transfers are "excellent." Of course this entirely depends upon one's own interpretation-standards in the quality. These have been leased through MGM Home Entertainment the parent disturbutor-copyright license holder validating it as an "official" DVD release and not a public domain abomination.
Let's us hope that this similarily translates to the SEA HUNT complete season DVD sets.
This is a great age that we live in!
Jeff T.
:D

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
It's strange that so far nobody has posted any kind or review or comments on Sea Hunt 24 Hour TV Marathon. I can see that many online sellers have this title in backorder

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I'm holding out on buying the individual releases in the hopes that they'll just release one complete series boxed set.
I get This-TV and I recorded a lot of episodes already so I can wait for a price drop because I'm really not in a hurry to watch it again.

Real Name
Kevin
Both 'Sea Hunt' and 'Highway Patrol' have disappeared off of THIS TV schedule in the last several days (Oct. 31).
They're replaced with reruns of Green Acres and Patty Duke.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by nostalgic TV guy /t/281737/sea-hunt/30#post_3996707
Both 'Sea Hunt' and 'Highway Patrol' have disappeared off of THIS TV schedule in the last several days (Oct. 31).
They're replaced with reruns of Green Acres and Patty Duke.
That's interesting. I wonder why they took them off the schedule. I can understand maybe if TGG Direct has exclusive rights to the Sea Hunt, but what about Highway Patrol. Does that mean its coming to DVD???
Glad to see Green Acres back on TV--and two episodes a night. Maybe I'll be able to record the last 3 seasons that aren't available on DVD. I see by their schedule that they are airing the show in order from the beginning on weekdays, but they will be showing the later episodes on weekends. That's better than when Me-TV had it. They only showed 2 episodes a week. I don't think they made it to season 4.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Patty Duke couldn't of replaced anything since it was already there each weekday morning. Their classic shows were The Outer Limits, Patty Duke, Mr. Ed, Highway Patrol, and Sea Hunt.
Nice to see Green Aces but it's too bad they removed two classics and apparantly just added the one in their place.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
It looks like Bat Masterson, another ZIV show coming to DVD, was removed from the lineup too. I don't see any upcoming airings.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Found the "Bat Masterson" 24-Hour Marathon Set today at Wal-Mart for $14.95. No sign of "Sea Hunt" yet! The episodes of "Bat" look great.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
This discussion thread certainly submerged beneath the fathomless depths!
The good word is that the SEA HUNT video transfers for this expected DVD release are of absolute superior quality. Considering the price much better than any of us have any right to reasonably expect.
When the individual season sets are ready, and there is no hurry on my part, then those of us who have enthusiastically lobbied for this particular television classic will be much more than satisfactorily rewarded.
As it is on the basis of this positive intelligence my SEA HUNT preorders will remain.
Jeff T.

hypnohighball

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Sayers
I saw the 24 hr SH set last night in Best Buy for $19.99, they had a few of them, and a whole endcap of other 24 hr marathon sets, none of which I was interested in. I'll wait for the full season sets.

JeffT.

Deceased Member
According to both AMAZON.COM (U.S.) and AMAZON.CA (Canada) the SEA HUNT complete individual season DVD sets are now scheduled for release on December 11th, 2012.
Not too much longer to wait and a great way to finish out the year! What further ZIV Television wonders will 2013 bring?!
Jeff T.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
JeffT. said:
What further ZIV Television wonders will 2013 bring?!
Jeff T.
The remainder of Highway Patrol
Ripcord
Science Fiction Theatre
Men into Space
I Led 3 Lives
Harbor Command
Waterfront
Everglades
The Man Called X
Everglades
Mackenzie's Raiders
and one Non-ZIV (Still produced by Ivan Tors)
Primus

maskedmala

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Maurice
... and how about the season 3/final season of Bat Masterson. I wonder why only the first two season were offered by TGG Direct?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Regulus said:
The remainder of Highway Patrol
Ripcord
Science Fiction Theatre
Men into Space
I Led 3 Lives
Harbor Command
Waterfront
Everglades
The Man Called X
Everglades
Mackenzie's Raiders
and one Non-ZIV (Still produced by Ivan Tors)
Primus
Is this confirmed, or speculation?

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
DeWilson said:
Is this confirmed, or speculation?
DOH! :blush:
This was intended for the "Guesses For 2013 TV Releases" Thread, not this one. My Bad! :(

JeffT.

Deceased Member
This discussion thread continually sinks into a dark deep abyss but from all indications the topic DVD release will still be a good sell.
Anyhow the release date for all four individual seasons of SEA HUNT has been now rescheduled (again) for January 08th, 2013.
If the initial announcement had not been so premature the 24 hour marathon sampler would likely have done better.
Well naturally it takes time for these things especially when it comes to a complete multi-year tv series. So we wait!
Jeff T.
:rolleyes:

JeffT.

Deceased Member
Up from the depths once again!
For those who are still interested. The release date for all four complete seasons of SEA HUNT has now been revised to January 29th, 2013.
You just can't rush quality.
Jeff T.
:rolleyes:

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
As long as it comes, I'll be happy.
If the quality is anything like the episodes on Hulu, it will be worth the wait to have this series.
I wish they would finish Highway Patrol while they are at it.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I got his a few weeks back . This is a great release . Excellant quality , especially considering the price. I hope the seasons come out soon . Any info anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks