SD-4700 and SE7EN

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NathanRT, Aug 15, 2002.

1. NathanRT

NathanRT Agent

I got a Toshiba SD-4700 at BestBuy last week. It was a display model. Since it was never hooked up to a tv, I didn't care. Also, I liked the fact that I negotiated the price down to $115.[​IMG]
    It worked great for the first few days. The picture is far better than what I had previously with my dreaded Pioneer 434. However, I put in SE7EN last night, and the damn thing didn't show up as anamorphic![​IMG] This is one of my favorite movies, so I'm pretty mad. (Yes, it is the new version not the flipper disc.) Anybody else experience this exact same problem? If it'll only affect this one movie, I may be able to live with it because of the price, but I'm concerned that it might affect other movies.
    Nathan

2. Joe Tilley

Joe Tilley Supporting Actor

Did you set the DVD player to 16:9 mode? If it is set up for pan & scan it will streach the picture to fill your tv. Go into your menu & double check to make sure it is set right.

3. NathanRT

NathanRT Agent

Yes, I have it set up correctly.[​IMG] I've already watched several other movies with the player. Thanks.

4. ChrisMatson

ChrisMatson Cinematographer

This is strange. The problem could be on the DVD, in the player, or in the TV. If you have played others DVDs without problems, it leads me to believe it is a disc or disc/player compatibility issue.

What other DVDs have you played without problems?

What type of TV do you have and how is the DVD player connected?

I moved from a Pioneer DV-333 to a Tosh 4700 and haven't had any problems. I will check Se7en when I get home and report back.

UPDATE:
    IT works fine on my Toshiba 4700