What's new

SCTV Season 3 next? (1 Viewer)

Mark Schmitt

Stunt Coordinator
According to SCTV Guide, Rhino is rumored to be releasing Season 3 of SCTV by this fall.

Even though I would have liked to see the Cinemax shows next (for Half-Wits and the 2001 parody), and I know a bunch of you said you want it from Season 1, I don't mind this decision at all.

Even without John Candy and Catherine O'Hara, Season 3 has so much quality stuff. My personal favorite: Walter Cronkite on Dialing for Dollars: "My Factory, Myself". Looking through the guide, I see a lot of stuff I don't remember seeing recently in syndication. I can't wait!

EDIT: Of course, Dave, you already knew that.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
2 of the Executive Producers of the original series Andrew Alexander and Dick Blasucci both made it clear on at least two of the first 3 volumes that they specifically wanted to release the 90 minute shows from NBC years of SCTV first, because they are considered by the fans to have the best material (I tend to agree, although I've never seen the Cinemax episodes).

They managed to obtain clearance for all of the musical guests' material, including that of the estate of the late Roy Orbison to use them in those disc releases. So I'd say it was worth it. :emoji_thumbsup:

I don't understand why they would jump back to the 3rd season (the last as a half-hour syndicated show), instead of beginning from the beginning. But it's all good. As long as the entire series is duplicated and put on the market, I'll buy them all. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks