What's new

Scrubs - Season 8 (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

This is the third season in a row that was supposed to the "last" season of Scrubs. I had read that even though this is planned to truly be the final season, Bill Lawrence - at ABC's option, said he would come back for a 9th season if they ordered it.

Since some of series regulars have already said this would definitely be their final season with the series, the focus was supposed to shift to the interns since Season 9+ would revolve around these newer characters (Scrubs: The Next Generation?). The only one I like is Denise. The rest of the newbies are too underdeveloped.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I believe that there is/was a chance for it to continue on without the main players. Probably with the current interns becoming main characters.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see your reply Rhoq.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

No need to apologize.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I was reading earlier - Bill Lawrence said that once Zack Braff leaves at the end of Season 8, Scrubs is done. He said that without Braff, it would be a completely different show and if asked to return for a 9th Season, he'd consider a name change since it wouldn't really be "Scrubs" any more without it's main character.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
I have to agree about the Indian guy. He just didn't seem to fit in.

I think my fav is Denise. Damn is she harsh! She's like an Anti-Dorian.

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
This is so weird, there was a scene in one of the past couple of episodes( ABC's?) where I saw the Indian guy(is his character's name Ed?) reminded me so much of the young intern JD when he first came to Sacred Heart.

LynxFX

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ole Oleson
"Denise" (Eliza) was my prom date back in HS, among other things. She is hilarious and I'm glad she is getting exposure. Couldn't happen to a better person.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I think we actually get a new episode this week. Just a "heads up."

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Just a heads up that tonight's an hour-long send-off for Zach Braff in the season finale, and possibly series finale if Scrubs isn't brought back (sans Zach and probably also Judy Reyes (Carla)) next season.

Last night was the start of Zach's leaving of Sacred Heart as he took a job to be closer to his son, working at the same hospital has his son's mom.

Awesome backflip by Cox.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
A little rough going early on, but over all one of the best finales I've ever seen. The last five minutes before the bloopers actually got me quite emotional. First with the incredible accumulation of past guest stars (including Colin Hay!) on the long hallway out, and then the incredible 8mm montage of his imagined future with these characters that we know and love.

To be honest with you, I hope they don't renew it next year. It's been getting pretty tired for a few years now, and this episode demonstrated how integral J.D. is to the show's success.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't feeling it for the first 2/3, but the last third brought it full circle for the most part.

Tom McA

Stunt Coordinator
Great finale. Totally got me.

(I'll even let it slide that JD's Prius shouldn't have had an ignition cranking sound as he started it up and drove away at the end...)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Can I just say "what Adam said?" He summed it up pretty well.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I agree the show wasn't nearly as good over the past few seasons. My personal gripe was the "will they/won't they" sitcom trope they forced onto Elliot and JD. And there was a long stretch where JD was a self-absorbed douche. But it was a nice finale for the series (a series which does require JD, though Cox and Turk made me laugh far more), and I loved the Peter Gabriel version of the song. Which is NOT available as a standalone 99 cents on iTunes :angry:

Scrubs was a great show. When it was on (which was pretty often in the first few seasons), it was great stuff. A decent finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks