What's new

Scrubs Season 5 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Just thought I'd get this one rolling a little bit early. Mods, if you feel the "ongoing" part isn't applicable, feel free to rip it out.

There's a "Scrubs" blog over at IGN. As of October 31, there's 5 video entries hosted by Bill Lawrence himself, in his usual style. For those of you who haven't checked out the special features on the Season 1 discs, he's informative, but thankfully doesn't take himself (or the cast and crew) too seriously. He states that the season will begin "probably the first or second week of November", but I haven't seen any announcements from the network or the usual sources, so I'd take that with a grain of salt. Anyway, check out the videos, they're a pretty cool look behind the scenes and they might even be part of the Season 5 DVDs, whenever those may come out.

ETA: I forgot to add, there's some NSFW language in the videos, just so you know.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I wish they'd pair up Scrubs and My Name is Earl. I think that would make a killer hour of television for NBC. But... I'm no programming guru so I guess I could be wrong.

Jack Ferry

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Ferry

Gotta agree. If NBC would put some decent promotion behind it, ratings could improve greatly for both shows. (Matching up the critical favorites - then tooting their own horn about it - worked great for NBC back when it was on top.)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
NBC is actually thinking about moving Earl to Thursdays.

I had thought the plan would be to have Earl stay on Tuesday, and have Scrubs and The Office share the timeslot after Earl since The Office isn't going to have more than a dozen episodes this season, and Scrubs would bring in 2 dozen episodes for that timeslot. The Office is underperforming (by shedding its lead-in audience from Earl, losing around 40%-50% of the ratings).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I read an article in the last issue of Variety about that. While they're considering the movie, there is a certain amount of trepidation in moving their only established hit this year. From the way that article made it sound, it could go either wait at this point.
I agree that a Earl/Scrubs Tuesday would be awesome. My Thursdays are too busy as it is.

Nathan_F

Second Unit
Real Name
Nathan
I'd love to see a Scrubs/Earl combo. Right now Earl is the only "sitcom" I really watch. Scrubs would be the other if it were back on.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter

Oh man... tell me about it. This season I have been watching The O.C. and taping Joey at 8:00 (I gave up on Will & Grace a few seasons ago). At 9:00, I watch CSI, tape Night Stalker and Reunion, and record Everwood on my PC. I finally gave up on the Apprentice this season.

I hope they leave My Name is Earl right where it is.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
If you guys haven't been keeping up, they've updated IGN's "Scrubs Blog" with new videos (10 so far), and a writer's diary. I'm sure some of the video stuff will end up on the DVDs (whenever they arrive), but some of it's interesting to watch. The season still hasn't started, so I'm eager to watch the DVDs Season 2, which I have to wait for since I bundled it with a preorder for "King Kong" (so it won't go out until next Tuesday). I'm very happy that "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" both got full-season pickups, but I just wish they'd go ahead and put "Scrubs" back on. If the videos are correct, it appears they've filmed (or are filming) at least 8 episodes so far, so they've got plenty to last through a post-sweeps hiatus.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Good news! It looks like we might see "Scrubs" back on in January. I don't know who is answering this question, but the news appears in a couple places (just google news for "scrubs january"). Also, the blog over at IGN now has 16 videos total, so there's that to tease us for a while. I'm almost through the 2nd season episodes on DVD, and I can't wait to check out some of the commentaries and features.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I swore I saw a commericial the other day that confirmed it's coming back in January.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
According to the Futon Critic article, we will be getting 2 episodes of Scrubs in the Tuesday 9-10 p.m. EST slot, and "My Name is Earl" and "The Office" move over to the Thursday 9-10 p.m. EST slot.

This will start the week of January 2rd, 2006.

2 episodes of Scrubs per week - Sweet!

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Sweet on the Scrubs site at nbc.com/scrubs/episode_guide/ they officially have that it starts on Jan. 3 with two episodes that night. :)

I can't wait, I love this show, it's one of the best comedies on TV, I think tied with A.D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks