What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
If holding Scrubs until later in the season means a continuous run a la 24 and Alias, I'm all for it. I wish all shows did that, but then you wouldn't have sweeps months!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
I don't believe this for a minute. There is no way NBC is going to sabotage a show they are paying for. It has been jerked around in an unsuccessful (and possibly misguided) effort to find a larger audience. They certainly didn't jerk "Friends" or "Seinfeld" around after they established themselves even though they came from WB and Sony.

Regards,

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

I don't believe that will happen - 24 and Alias are high profile shows while Scrubs is more of a niche show with many fans but too few viewers.

The most likely scenario is that they'll show a few episodes whenever they have a hole in their schedule.

I don't want to be too pessimistic, but I think this will be the last season and I doubt it'll even be a full season.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
E! Online's Kristen (who is not an entirely reliable source), has this bit of info: I know the word of a network official means nothing, but the networks have been strangely truthful to pick-ups this year.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Again, the apparent reason for the delay is because Braff and Co. asked for time off to do movie work, not because of NBC.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Congrats to Scrubs on their 4 nominations this morning for the 2005 Primetime Emmy Awards.

Outstanding Comedy Series (If it wins, I'll be doing my dance of joy all night long. :))

Zach Braff for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series.

Outstanding Casting for a Comedy Series

Outstanding Multi-Camera Picture Editing for a Series. (Is this correct? I thought Scrubs was a one-camera show.)

I just wish John C. McGinley could have gotten a nomination. :frowning:

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
From a TVGuide.com interview with Bill Lawrence:

I hope they win the Emmy - just to show the people at NBC how stupid they are.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell

It is a one camera show. It was nominated for an ep called, I believe, "My Life in Four Cameras." JD imagines his life as a sitcom (the average, multi-camera ones) with the studio audience and lame jokes.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
He told them didnt he?
Maybe NBC is Now regretting their decission to postpone the premiere to mid season?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks