What's new

Scrubs (season 4) ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Really solid episode this week. I agree with Ken; the guest star's Fletch-esque understatement to the craziness around him was a great counterpoint. The Cox/Elliot moment was nice too, though I hope we don't have another one for a while. The only thing that I found off-rhythym was J.D. telling the guest star that Elliot was a transvestite.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Great episode.

I love how they poked fun at Desperate Housewives with Turk crying after sex.

Elliot's reaction to being called a man was priceless.

Who else from Ed can we see on this show? I wouldn't mind seeing Julie Bowen, that's for sure. :)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Bowen has recently popped up on other shows like Lost, playing the doctor's fiancee, and that new John Stamos show.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode tonight.

Dr. Kelso expressing his familiarity with the "whorehouse" cracked me up.

Kelso vs. the Janitor over the wheelchair/floor waxer was delightful, especially the end. :)

Cox being even more of a egotistical ass was good.

Jordan, where the hell have you been? Good to see ya!

Elliot in that black shirt at the end. Hubba Hubba Hubba! :D

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
For some reason the corpses falling on Doug in the morgue and breaking his feet were funny as hell to me.

Joey Skinner

Second Unit
First let me say that "Scrubs" is my favorite sitcom. I thought last night's show was a little flat. It was almost like they had different writers for this show. All the gags seemed a little over the top. Still it was a good episode with lots of laughs but I'm a little concerned. I hope they are not getting ready to "jump the shark".

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
Quite possibly one of my favorite episodes to date. (Mind you, I just started watching this season.) Especially loved Cox's opening ego brigade and the segment where Elliot calls Jake.

Favorite lines:

JD: "Jello is for winners."

JD: "I don't have time to deal with your sex pickle right now."
Kelso: "She spent two years dealing with yours."

Janitor: "I know we haven't taken care of that whole asbestos thing from the 90's, and I know some toilets flush upward."

Cox: "Look, I know what you're doing in there; you think that if you act like Dr. Sad Sack, the patient's gonna opt out of surgery and I'll have to spend yet another week with a man who has such an unnatural attachment to his gall bladder that, left to his own devices, he would rent a motel room and have sex with it."

And, Thomas, I think Zachary was referring to this one:

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Elliot was on CTV last week with her Dad, and she looked great.

Can't remember the show title though:)

Her Dad runs an adoption service.

Brent

Marty M

Senior HTF Member

Only time will tell. There is an interesting story about the season finale in this week's TV Guide.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I don't think you can really tell when a show has JTS until some time has passed. I see, too many times, when a show has a sub-par ep (not that I'm saying this ep of Scrubs was one)and people jump all over it saying that the series has JTS.

doug zdanivsky

Supporting Actor
Real Name
doug zdanivsky
A little FLAT???

C'mon!

That was a GREAT episode!

Cox : I get lost in my eyes..

I had tears in my mine, lemme tell ya.. :)

Turk's victory dance..

Kelso: "Is he smoking a gavel?"

Janitor: "looks like it, yaa..."

Elliot's boyfreind:

"Ok... Lemme just take you off speakerphone......"

Man.. A little flat you say.. Hmm.. :confused:

Darren Conroy

Stunt Coordinator
Also, why does a show have to "jump the shark" to begin with? Could be an on/off thing, with the peak still ahead. Peak could have happened a long time ago, but it slips into equilibrium at a not-awesome-but-still great level. Doesn't seem fair to judge once a peak has passed, the show will never be great again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks