Scrubs - Most likely early '05

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin Porter, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Kevin Porter

Kevin Porter Supporting Actor

I was just on the phone with a guy who works on the show and I asked him about the DVDs many of us Scrubies (there has got to be a better word for Scrubs fans) have been craving ever since the show graced our airwaves. He informed that the current plan is to release the 1st Season sometime between January and April of next year with subsequent seasons coming in, get this, one month intervals. He confirmed that it was syndication rights issues holding up the release of the show before.

2. Martin_C

Martin_C Stunt Coordinator

I'm torn between being overly excited and extremly worried. I want my Scrubs DVDs to be full of extra features and a release schedule like this likely translates to little to no extras.

But I just read on the Scrubs Website, that People have talked to Bill Lawrence, and he said, that they are working on the extra features for a Season One set coming out early next year. This of course an unconfirmed source.

The Story behind this is, that in the most recent episode, Turks Phone Number was mentioned. A number that actually exists and when called plays a recorded message from Turk. But sometimes the cast and crew answer the phone, so fans actually get to talk to the stars. How cool is that.

3. Jarrod Hines

Jarrod Hines Stunt Coordinator

Holy moley--one month intervals? Hopefully they'll have a relatively low SRP...

...who am I kidding? I'll be all over these regardless : )

4. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

It's true, check out the "Scrubs" thread over in TV Programming. I talked to Dr. Turkelson! Still, I'm taking these bits from the producers with a grain of salt. I know they'd love to have these discs out ASAP, but once the heartless bastards in Marketing and/or Accounting hear about it, they'll try and squeeze the life out of the release as much as possible.

ETA: It's 916-CALL-TURK, if you want to give it a whirl. They may still be answering. Hell, they might do it all season, since it's supposedly a cell phone that's right there on the set.

5. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Love the show and will gladly pick up all seasons no matter when they are released. The show has been royally screwed in Australia. They play maybe 4 or 5 episodes then take it off the air only to screen it for another short period of time in later timeslots, i've missed a lot of episodes because of the crap they pull.

I was reading the thread over in TV Programming about the phone on set, very cool. [​IMG]

6. Ben_@

Ben_@ Stunt Coordinator

with one month intervals, i can't imagine they'll have too many extras? But i'll definitely be all over the first few releases [​IMG]

7. Martin_C

I actually tried my luck last night and on my second call I got to talk to Robert Maschio, who plays recurring character The Todd.

He confirmed that the first set will be coming in early 2005 and said that they already have done Interviews with everyone for the DVD and that there would be Audio Commentaries.

8. BrandonT

BrandonT Auditioning

I cannot wait for these sets. One of the few TV show purchases I will ever make.

9. Martin_C

I talked to an AD last night, he said the DVD could be coming out as early as February. I asked him about the Soundtrack being intact and he went on to ask "the Music guy" about it. Unfortunately it's still up in the air. Fingers crossed.

10. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

The DVD won't be out in February. Disney won't even announce it until January. With the lead time involved of 60 days minimum, and 90 or 120 more normal, that means it can't make it until March, and May is more likely.

Read my news at TSoD for more info, based on me talking not only to "Turk" (Donald Faison) but also to Disney. Faison told me that commentaries and interviews had NOT been done yet, and Disney seemed to echo this.

Someone's got their story wrong...

11. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    What is this Scrubs site you are talking about. I would like to take a look.

Can't wait for the DVD's!! Commentaries!!

Don't forget to vote for Scrubs as best Comedy here...
    http://www.pcavote.com/

12. Martin_C

Mike. You are looking for Scrubs-TV.com.

David. I was only writing about what I've been told by members of the cast and crew. They, as anyone, could be wrong, but I personally choose to believe them. I have no reason to do otherwise. And even though I haven't exchanged the secret handshake with Mickey Mouse, I took the liberty of sharing it with my fellow Scrubs Fans. I figured they'd appreciate that, as I would vice versa. It is your prerogative not to believe me, but I really don't care for being called a liar.

13. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Martin, I never called you a liar. Re-read without taking it personally. I was saying that the info you were given was probably mistaken (hence, they got their story wrong), unless Disney was lying to me (not unheard of, in which case they would be the ones with their story wrong...but my contact's been pretty accurate most times).

My apologies if it sounded like anything else. It didn't even occur to me that you would take it that way.