What's new

Scrubs: Hilariouso (1 Viewer)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I know it's only the first commercial, but already, I'm rolling! Dr. Cox is da man "I think it's john or jimmy or jah or mmmm"
laugh.gif

------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Site
The At-Home Home Theater (E.L.)
The Dorm Room Theater (E.L.)

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
This is the best new show on TV! Every episode has me howling in laughter. Is it just me or is Dr. Cox the best sitcom character in a long time?

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
The best. What else can I say
"never stop kicking me" :laugh:
How bout the janitor and the tv !
greatness

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Those interested in the show should take a look at "House of God", the novel that Scrubs was clearly based on. It's from the late 70's; author is Shem or Sheim or something. Almost all of the characters for the show were lifted right from the pages (with some modifications, but not much).

The book has the same sarcastic view of medicine (actually, more pessimistic); it's often described as "Catch-22" for the medical profession. good stuff.

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
This show just kills me. It perfectly matches my twisted sense of humor. I also appreciate its lack of a laugh track. (And it makes me look forward even more to the MASH boxed set and the laugh track-less option.)

Surprisingly, my brother and his wife HATE the show. (Of course he also walked out of Altman's SHORT CUTS.) If this show moves to Thursday, as rumoured, I really hope they don't dilute it to make it more compatible with the more popular brand of sitcom.

-greg

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone like the Fat Albert gang (for Turk's laughs)?
Or when JD said that if he ever needed surgery again, he'd want Turk inside him, and Turk react by saying something like, "I want to be the one inside you." Doh! :)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
ROTFLMFAO !
how bout the very end when dr. cox called JD scooter and the janitor was dancing the jig! :laugh:

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
dang

this show is all over the place on my tv grid.

I'm so glad that this thread got bumped up to the top, I'm not even sure what day this show is on anymore...is it just my local programming or is it jumping all over the place everywhere else too?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Would someone please summarize the last 6 minutes of Scrubs? That damn Fear Factor show ran over and I didn't get to see what happened after JD got out of the cab to find Carla (in the rain).

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
The last 6 minutes includes the climax and the resolution of the story...
Carla feels just awful for the first time in her life. She says she's a great nurse and always wanted people to think she was brainy, and now JD has ruined it. She got back on a bus and refused to hear JD out.
The psycho patient, with the help of Dr. Cox inspired Elliot to take a break from anxiety.
Turk stood up to Kelso.
In the last minute of the show. You see Turk eating his lunch on the bench in drenching rain while Kelso looks on in total anger. You also see Elliot at home having a hot tub.
Fianlly, you see JD working together with Carla...he asks her a medical question, she says "you already know the answer to that...JD suddenly feels bad again, but then Karla turns around and say "but thanks for asking, Bambi" :) Then JD narrates, "and that's when I knew I'd have that nickname for ever"..just then Dr. Cox walks by and says "see ya Scooter" and the camera pans over to the janitor dancing the jig! I was on the floor.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the synopsis! It sounds like they did a good job with the set-up of the episode up to that point. I curse Fear Factor!

Phil Jones

Auditioning
I can't get over just how funny this is. I'm an MD, but my wife who is not at all involved in medicine finds it just as funny. I often get tears in my eyes watching it. I always wish it were one hour instead of just one half hour - I can't get enough! :)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
In the last minute of the show. You see Turk eating his lunch on the bench in drenching rain while Kelso looks on in total anger.
i think as he was looking at turk, he seemed to be impressed, because he had the guts to go out in the pouring rain and sit in the special spot on the bench. even after the older dr told him to stay away from it.

i think he may even have said something out loud or to himself to that affect but i can't remember.

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I dug the last episode simply because they'll be sending a royalty check to one of my best friends for the song they played when Carla drove off on the bus -- Sebadoh's "On Fire".
:)

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
TonyD, you are totally correct...based on Kelso's body language and the look in his eyes, you knew he thought, "grrr, sonofabitchin, but you gotta hand it to him, kudos"

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
oh ya, awesome

I liked the very beginning with the 9:15 nurse...what was that song the played?

I like when Dr. Cox called JD Maudrey

pre-natal lice! hahaa

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think it's fun to see Christa Miller act like a strong willed bitch. JD's unease around her and the doc is funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks