What's new

Scrubs Details/Artwork (1 Viewer)

Jon F.

Stunt Coordinator

I didn't say it was a new photo. I said it looks like it was made for the DVD release. I would expect ALL currently airing shows now make multiple photos EACH YEAR for possible DVD releases.

Joey Gunz

Second Unit
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think the cover for the DVD box looks great. :)

Good question. Does anyone know?

CraigL

Screenwriter
Ugh...I was going to wait on this one but looks like I'll be picking it up with that bonus disc! :)

Lee Jamilkowski

Stunt Coordinator
I can't tell if the bonus disc comes with the set when you order it off the website or not. I just sent Customer Service an e-mail about Star Trek Enterprise The Complete First Season, and they told me that ordering of the website does not get you the bonus disc.

Just to be safe, I guess I'll be making trips to Best Buy the weeks of the 3rd and the 17th.

As for the content of the disc, I have no idea what it all really means. You're guess is as good as mine.

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator

There are supposedly songs missing. I just got the set for review and the only episode I have viewed so far is the pilot and the original music is intact. But as I said above there is likely to be some missing, sad, since season one had some great music throughout.

I am getting set to dig into it tonight and over the weekend since wild horses couldn't drag me away from a Scrubs marathon. So if anyone would like I can post a more detailed list of what is missing later.

Kevin

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

Where have you read that?

I was having high hopes for Scrubs because most of the time they use music by lesser known bands which should not be too expensive

Kevin Clemons

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, the good news is that I am all the way through disc one and there is no music missing at all. Even the secondary songs (e.g. Elliott and JD in the supply closet with the Buzzcock's Ever Fallen In Love playing) are there.

And let me tell you that this set is worth every penny. The bad side is that there are at least ten episodes on the first two discs while the third houses the remainder as well as bonus material so picture quality is a tad lacking but still this is the best I have ever seen the series look.

Further more, the artwork isn't that bad up close and there is actually a slip cover that is clear except for artwork while the Xray image is rubber cemented onto the actual tri-fold.

Best extra yet, interview clips with each cast member from JD to The Todd about their start on scrubs. Apparently nearly all of the lines for The Janitor are improvised by Neil Flynn. This is just too great...onto disc two.

Kevin

dOc!

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
From the DVDTalk review:

:angry:

And no, you can't blame the musicians - the show is only four years old and if the producers were stupid enough not to secure the music rights for the DVD then they are to blame.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
I originally planned to go through each episode and compare it to a list of ALL S1 songs that I found online.

But then I realized that plan wouldn't work, because there are several songs (be they the original tunes or the "replacement" ones) that I am entirely unfamiliar with.

I know this is a question that lots of Scrubsfans want to know the answer to, but my own musical knowledge has limited me from being truly helpful.

If you have a specific song/episode that you're wondering about, I'd be happy to check on it that way...

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit
What about the song "All in My Head" by Shawn Mullins in the episode "My Sacrificial Clam"?

Someone on the http://www.scrubs-tv.com/ messageboard said that this song would be missing and (if I remember correctly) it was played several times during the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks