SCRUBS!!!! 9/26/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Rags, Sep 26, 2002.

1. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

So who is as excited as I am that Scrubs is finally back? For those of you who have never seen the show, but will watch it now that it is on after FRIENDS, be prepared for one of the wittiest shows on television (much better than Friends IMHO). This show is great at mixing laugh out loud humor with the best of drama. To all of you "newbies" and "bambies" out there, welcome to the world of SCRUBS!

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'll be there!

3. Art Martinez

Art Martinez Stunt Coordinator

I am sooooooo there!

4. Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson Second Unit

I was there and I'll always be there as long as they keep doing what they do. Maybe it's because I work in a hospital and will continue working in a hospital when I graduate that I love this show so much. Or maybe because it's one of the funniest and smartest shows on TV right now amidst a sea of "reality" TV garbage and corny sitcoms. Wonder how long it'll stay on the air before the powers that be realize that it's quality TV and cancel it for Big Sister 27 or what the hell else.

5. AllanN

AllanN Supporting Actor

Was anyone else not impressed with scrubs last night? I know im out of touch on who that singer was, even though it was a good song, it got a little old. It seem like the characters where a little lacking. Maybe it was intentional and Dr. Cox breaking that damn guitar was predictable but still funny in a Dr. Cox kind of way. Even Elliot in her bra was not as enjoyable as it was last season. [​IMG] About the only thing that was on par with the last season was the Janitor. I hope they bring back R. Lee Ermey as the Janitor's father. Hopefully further weeks will improve. It seems that "Hidden Hills" has taken over the spirit of "Scrubs".

6. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I only caught a few episodes last season, but the show has really grown on me. It is a good mindless comedy show. The guy singing was the lead singer from Men At Work and I enjoyed his scenes in the episode.

7. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

It was better than anything else NBC has put in that timeslot in recent years.

8. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i really enjoy the show, but last night's episode was nothing special.

9. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

FWIW, I've merged the 2 current Scrubs threads into this thread. Carry on.

10. Al_S

Al_S Second Unit

Scrubs is great! I've watched it since the beginning and it has some great writing. It's the only show lately where I really laugh out loud.

11. Dennis Reno

Dennis Reno Supporting Actor

I also think that the show wasn't quite up to the normal "Scrubs" standard. I think they spent too much time trying to tie up loose ends from last years finale. The whole "I'm p!ssed at you" routine grew tiresome. Still a very funny show and very worthy of a TIVO Season Pass.

BTW, I thought at the end of last seasons finale that the janitor was no longer going to pick on him now that he was a resident. Does anyone else remember that???

12. Juan Castillo

Juan Castillo Second Unit

Wayne, do you know if that is an old Men At Work song, or something original for this episode. I have never seen an episode before, but you all are right, after friends, I watched it.. I have to say, it is a very interesting and funny show. That janitor had me slapping my knee. Will watch again next week.

13. Wayne W

Wayne W Stunt Coordinator

I looked up the lyrics :

Men at Work
    cd - Cargo (1983)
    song - Overkill

I can't get to sleep
    I think about the implications
    Of diving in too deep
    And possibly the complications

Especially at night
    I worry over situations
    I know will be alright
    Perahaps its just my imagination

Day after day it reappears
    Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear
    Ghosts appear and fade away

Alone between the sheets
    Only brings exasperation
    It's time to walk the streets
    Smell the desperation

At least there's pretty lights
    And though there's little variation
    It nullifies the night
    From overkill

I can't get to sleep
    I think about the implications
    Of diving in too deep
    And possibly the complications

Especially at night
    I worry over situations
    I know will be alright
    It's just overkill

14. mike martin

mike martin Stunt Coordinator

Well, I only caught a couple of episodes last year due to the day it was on; and found them intruiging but generally I couldn't get into it. I was glad to see it on Thursday this year and really enjoyed last nights episode. So if that is an average to below par episode, count me in as a fan.

By the by, I love the singer stuff. Well, in generall I love all the action that seems disconected from reality, is that a trademark of the show?

15. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

great show. i'm so glad it's in the thursday lineup...hopefully that'll give it the exposure it deserves.

16. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I thought last night's was a fine show, I laughed my behind off and look forward to the rest of the season.

17. Tom Rags

Tom Rags Supporting Actor

[​IMG]
    [shame] Though I started this thread, I missed the season opener!!! [/shame] [​IMG]
    I had to go to dinner last night...though, being the HUGE scrubs fan that I am, I immediately programmed my archaic VCR to record last night's show. Some mouse in my house [​IMG] left my VCR on and it didn't record! [​IMG]
    Anyone care to give me a quick synopsis of how they resolved the cliff-hangers?

18. Kevin*R

Kevin*R Agent

I thought the show was great as usual. Maybe living with a spouse that went through a hospital residency makes the show's theme more enjoyable.
    As far as the Men At Work song, within the first several seconds I recognized both the lead singer and the song. The song fit the shows theme perfectly! [​IMG]

19. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

There's a connection between somebody in the show and Colin from Men at Work. I think I read that one of the producers or somebody is a big fan of his. It was in the EW Fall Season issue a few weeks back -- sorry I don't recall the details.

Also, Lazlo Bane does the "Superman" song that they play as the Scrubs theme, and they did a remake of the Men at Work song "Overkill," and had Colin in the video, so there's a connection there as well.