Scrounged up 1650.00 for RPTV "help"

Discussion in 'Displays' started by benGraham, Aug 24, 2004.

1. benGraham

benGraham Auditioning

Ok I sold my Best Buy Certificate of 1500.00 and was able to come up with some more money. What does everyone recommend. I can get it from anywhere I or you please for 1650.00. I want at least a 51 inch tv use for xbox and dvd's right now and HDTV when I get my tv. Should I get one now or wait close to December with the new models. i would like it now since football season is almost upon us.

Thanks

all

2. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

The new Sony is available from Sony. The current model is the KPW51S510, the new model S520 has one DVI input and one HDMI input. One for your X-BOX and one for your HDTV or upscaling DVD Player. Great picture, picking mine up within two weeks selling for 1699.00. The only thing I would suggest is coming up with an extra 300.00 for the extended warranty.

3. Steven_Lazarus

Steven_Lazarus Stunt Coordinator

Opened a big can of worms Ben! everyone has their preferences, I suggest doing allot of research and read reviews on the models you find that interest you in the price/size range your looking for. Then go check them out in person to narrow it down from there. In the end just pick the one that pleases you the most, whether the deciding factor is the aesthetic appeal, or the superior picture quality. CNET is pretty good for unbiased reviews.. check it out! Just adjust parameters of search as you feel, or look at them all!
    http://reviews.cnet.com/4502-6484_7-...8629&500965id=

4. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Steve is correct about doing the research. Each opinion is subjective to that individual and to you. I did my research and to me, subjectively, the Sony was the choice for me.

5. ChrisRuh

ChrisRuh Stunt Coordinator

Jerome-

Did you pick up the new Sony (520) or were you commenting on the 510? If you were talking about the 520, where did you find a review? I'm interested in the 46" model (KP46WT520) but can't seem to locate any info.....