What's new

SCROOGED: YULE LOVE IT EDITION (1 Viewer)

SteveJ2006

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve James
I too have been patiently waiting on a word as to if this would finally come out this year. Was anyone ever able to find out why it was cancelled last year? It just doesn't make sense. I'm sure this would sell a lot of copies for them if they'd just put it out.

Even if it's not the exact same edition that was originally planned, SOME sort of dvd special edition of this movie is definitely needed, and warranted!

Paramount, throw us a bone here!

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Exactly. With all due respect to the movie's fans, I wouldn't exactly say it's one of those holiday movies that gets a lot of repeat play every year. If its catalog sales are small there may not be a load of interest in it.

Besides, I wouldn't expect to be a real candid Special Edition. From all the articles that appeared when the movie came out (to even Danny Elfman's brief booklet notes in his Music From a Darkened Theatre CD) the film was a troubled shoot and kept changing its tone in post-production. I'd doubt big egos like Murray and Donner would want to talk about it.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I was also really hoping this would be re-announced this year. I was excited about it last year only to be disappointed. Same deal with the special edition of "Mrs. Doubtfire" which is also MIA. What gives?

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to let this go. I cant believe this never saw a release and yet no one could ever find out what happened to it. I dont believe Paramount even has a general email to contact them.

Ba humbug :frowning:

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
Me too. Who knows, it might get a release in R2 land, seeing as said Mrs. Doubtfire SE got a UK release earlier this week, and was identical to the R1 version.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Another year goes by and it looks like we won't be getting this DVD for Christmas yet again. If it was planned for a holiday release we would have probably heard about it by now. I've just about given up on this release. I doubt 2008 will be any more hopeful. :frowning:

Ben J Loews

Stunt Coordinator
Still no sign then of this?

I saw it today in Tescos for £3 (region 2 release), but I thought there was a better R1 edition out, sadly it seems there isn't...

Hey all. Found this thread while making sure I was ordering the right version. Shame this was never released. By now it should be out on Blu-ray.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Ahh... like Christmas itself, this has become a time-honored tradition. Wondering each year if THIS will be the year we finally get this damn DVD. I guess we'll know within the next couple months. Don't they announce December releases around Sep/Oct?

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
It's usually around August when Christmas titles get announced, based on past releases anyway. If nothing is announced within the next few weeks, I wouldn't hold my breath. I'm hoping Fox announces a special edition of "Home Alone 2" this year.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Another year gone by :frowning:

I still really wanna know, what in the hell happened to this. I still really want this. No Home Alone 2 either. I'm also hoping for Christmas Vacation to get a better release with more than just commentary. I guess its possible there could still be some holiday releases unannounced, but I doubt it when it comes to those titles.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well I broke down and bought the non-anamorphic "Home Alone 2" last week. UNLESS the upcoming collection released on Oct. 14 contains an anamorphic transfer, I'll be holding on to that for awhile. Looks like I'll be doing the same with "Scrooged". Time to chalk it up as a lost cause I think.

EdHoch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ed Hochstatter
I also wonder whatever happened to this Yule Love it special edition. I've held off buying Scrooged on DVD (still have it on VHS) because I keep thinking this special edition will be released.

I'll probably go ahead and buy it on DVD this year...somewhere else on here I read it was $7.49 at Circuit city...cheap enough that if the Yule Love it version finally does come out...I'm not that deep in for a double dip...

Of course, by the time I got to CC, it was back up to $9.99...I know only $2.50 more, but I'm just cheap enough for that to make a difference...I will probably still pick it up at some point this season...

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
I still cannot find any info anywhere on this, anyone else able to find or know anything more about this release? Any features? It is the Yule Love It Edition artwork under there....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks