What's new

SCROOGED: YULE LOVE IT EDITION (1 Viewer)

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

I'd love it too but it'll never happen. Elfman hated working on SCROOGED -- I believe he said they screwed around with his score because the film's tone was constantly changing in the editing room. (He mentioned this in his Music for a Darkened Theatre Vol. 1 CD).

I don't hate the movie, but clearly this is not one of Richard Donner's better films, even though the Superman fan boys would have you believe he never made a mistake behind the lens!

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I tend to forget it's a Donner film until the opening credits.

This is one of his good ones. But over time, I'm growing to loathe all the Lethal Weapon films. But I look forward to owning Superman and Scrooged in HD someday.

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
Why is eveyone saying things like..."Im not gonna get this now! It'll (keyword coming up...) eventually be on HD. Yeah...and eventually we'll be watching these movies in SUPER-HD.

Just get what you can now. Dont expect 'Scrooged SE' to be a first-on-the-list HD title. If ever in HD.

DVD has been around for 8-9 years now...were just now getting 'Scrooged SE'. How long do you think you are gonna wait for it in HD?

"I want everything in HD, now!"

Ugh.

lscd

Grip
Real Name
Stan
A Bill Murray commentary would be a pretty nifty thing. Has he ever even recorded a commentary before? I know he didn't for the one movie he should have, namely Rushmore.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
You bet its necessary, I’m thrilled, I can’t wait for this. Very excited!!!

I’ve kept holding out on this hoping to see some kind of special edition and the wait paid off. I think most all DVDs should have at least a little something in features. Even if just commentary, some facts, trailers, etc, whatever. One of the best parts of DVDs is getting a little something extra in there. Or even a better transfer or sound. I love the cover too on this, like how they changed it just a bit adding the Xmas red to it, sleeve to the skeleton hand and some other details. I’ll be getting this the day it comes out! One of my most fav holiday movies.

I don’t care about HD, I don’t by that stuff. What we can have on regular DVD is HD enough for me and stuff doesn’t need to change so often. So I hope HD doesn’t even do good.

They need to do some Home Alone Special Editions, been holding out on those too.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Brandon.B said:
I don’t care about HD, I don’t by that stuff. What we can have on regular DVD is HD enough for me and stuff doesn’t need to change so often. So I hope HD doesn’t even do good.
Good enough for you, cool. But don't "hope" that HD doesn't do good for the rest of us...

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
What's happening with this? Haven't heard anything since...its not even on Amazon yet and there isn't really much longer until the apparent release date.

lscd

Grip
Real Name
Stan

I've preordered it here without any problems, and they list it as being released on October 31st.

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
STILL nothing….I don’t like this. I wanna know what the extras are. This better come out, I’ve waited and wanted this so badly.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well since I don't own the existing release, I'm definitely going to get this. I love the lineup of Christmas titles this year. Alongside "Scrooged" I'm also getting "It's A Wonderful Life" which will apparently be bundled with "White Christmas". Not to mention the "Home Alone" special edition and the special edition of "Miracle on 34th Street". These will be welcome additions to my annual holiday movie night. :)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Guys, you are going to love this. Bonus features have been announced per Davis DVD. I can already tell you that I'm upgrading from the previous edition. The film will be presented exactly the same way it was before, with anamorphic widescreen video and Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 soundtracks.

The bonus features are:

*Audio Commentary by director Richard Donner
*"A Christmas to Remember" featurette
*"Updating Ebenezer" featurette
*"Bringing the Ghosts to Life" featurette
*"The Look of 'Scrooged'" featurette
*"On the Set with Bill Murray - Parts 1 and 2" featurette
*"Showest Message from Bill Murray" feature
*Theatrical Trailer

Nice assorment of features makes this a worth upgrade. Too bad there are no deleted scenes, but let's be honest, that has never been Paramount's strongest suit. Still, I'm literally as excited as a kid on Christmas morning that Richard Donner has done a commentary for the film.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Nice. Real nice. Even better than what I was expecting -- as you say -- from Paramount, of all places. I know Donner's been taking about doing the film up right on DVD for years now, and I had my fingers crossed that he'd finally sat down for a commentary track.

Definitely a "buy."

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Audio commentary by Richard Donner? Okay, now I'll definitely buy it.

I just hope that Paramount does clean-up the transfer, and doesn't just stick the old transfer onto this new disc.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
They gave a new transfer to Ferris Bueller....
And all the Star Trek films , even the anamorphic ones got new transfers.
Wonder about Pet Sematary as well...

Brandon.B

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brandon.B
Oh man, thats awesome, I 'can't wait. Way more than I expected, thats great. Only 1 disc though? Either way, its going to be a great SE. Hope its a new transfer.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Guess what? Paramount has taken Scrooged off the schedule for right now. Lokks like it has been delayed. Hopefully it will still be out before the end of the year. I just feel sorry now for those who have already sold off their original copies in the anticipation for this new release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks