What's new

Scrooge (1970) - in 4K? (1 Viewer)

richardburton84

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jack
I don’t really know the answer to that question, but it would be nice. I will say that there were plans for a remastered soundtrack album, but first Covid, and then Leslie Bricusse’s death, seem to have put those plans on hold with no telling when it will move forward.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I would suspect chances are better than not given the HUGE amount of 4k output from Paramount as of late.

My biggest concern here is what we would exactly get.

Paramount screwed up on the last Blu-ray release, accidentally omitting the overture.

If the same people work on the 4k release I am suspecting it won't have the overture included.

I might be able to send a "heads-up" email to someone at the studio in case it's a title that they are looking to release on 4k. It might also help jumpstart the process.

I will see what I can do from this end.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I would suspect chances are better than not given the HUGE amount of 4k output from Paramount as of late.

My biggest concern here is what we would exactly get.

Paramount screwed up on the last Blu-ray release, accidentally omitting the overture.

If the same people work on the 4k release I am suspecting it won't have the overture included.

I might be able to send a "heads-up" email to someone at the studio in case it's a title that they are looking to release on 4k. It might also help jumpstart the process.

I will see what I can do from this end.
White Christmas too with Bob Furmenak helping with Perspecta Sound!

LCD22

Screenwriter
I don’t really know the answer to that question, but it would be nice. I will say that there were plans for a remastered soundtrack album, but first Covid, and then Leslie Bricusse’s death, seem to have put those plans on hold with no telling when it will move forward.
I have been wondering what was going on in getting Scrooge's soundtrack out. Thanks for the update/reply Jack.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it (for me it's so ingrained in the film).

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I have been wondering what was going on in getting Scrooge's soundtrack out. Thanks for the update/reply Jack.

Personally, I wouldn't buy it (for me it's so ingrained in the film).
The film gets a bum rap sadly, it really is a good film - it came out to close to OLIVER!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Tell the appropriate authorities that they have a missing Overture and to take care of that problem before they do anything else. I have refused to get the Blu-Ray because I am tired of these people fouling up releases by not noticing these things.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tell the appropriate authorities that they have a missing Overture and to take care of that problem before they do anything else. I have refused to get the Blu-Ray because I am tired of these people fouling up releases by not noticing these things.

I am in the process of doing just that

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I’d love to buy this one in 4k.

I bought the soundtrack on vinyl last year so I’m surprised the cd hasn’t been annoy yet. It’s usually how it goes.

I also bought the original 1985 Back To The Future soundtrack this week. Just never had it even though I love the movie.

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
When I showed Scrooge to the nephews last Christmas, I put in the DVD for the Overture before switching it out for the otherwise excellent Blu-ray. I was disappointed about the omission as well, but it didn’t prevent my buying it. I’d certainly buy the 4K UHD, but only if the music is restored, since the BD looks so good. And I’d hesitate to reward the same mistake a second time. It is, to my mind, the best version of A Christmas Carol, and Albert Finney is brilliant in the title role. The supporting cast is quite charming as well.

GerardoHP

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gerardo Paron
This particular film doesn't sound like an extraordinary candidate for 4K to me. That heavily filtered, heavily desaturated cinematography wouldn't gain much from a 4K transfer.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
This film received little airings this XMAS check channel 764 or 746on FIOS they are airing it overnight Paramount channel I think

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
The MOVIES! channel plays a lot of great films but not only are they edited they also have tons and tons of commercial interruptions. I would never watch a film on this channel.
Agree on commercials so far I have never seen them edited they make the films go to 1/4 after or 10:45 not to edit them today they are showing MGM musicals all day

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks