What's new

Scrolling vertical lines from new projector? Help! (1 Viewer)

Joe Zemaitis

Stunt Coordinator
I'm getting scrolling vertical lines from my new Infocus X1. I see them via the S video and the standard yellow connection. Yesterday I had some issues with the picture jumping up, then down about two inches, every 30 seconds... That seem to have gone away... I also notice some lines very very faintly on the other TV's in the house. I think tehy were always that way... What can I do? I think its odd that it does it just the same amount from my Cable TV via my VCR and from my DVD from my S video... Help me figure this out before I return this silly thing!

Thanks

Joe

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Are there any power lines running next to your cable lines? Video and power lines running parallel to each other can cause this. If you do have these lines running next to eachother try and cross them instead of running in parallel.

DavidLW

Stunt Coordinator
Can't picture "scrolling vertical lines". Are they vertical lines moving left to right or vice versa? Or do you mean a horizontal line scrolling up or down? Or maybe vertical scrolling lines?

Anyway, when I first got my X1, I got a thin white horizontal line moving up the screen whenever my dining room light dimmer was in a dim position. It went away when the light was on full or off. I was running a 30 feet
s-video then. When I moved my equipment and switched to a 15 feet s-video the line disappeared altogether.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks