What's new

Scroll Bar "stutter" when running DTVHD through Onkyo TX-SR876 - help (1 Viewer)

GreenGiant

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug
I'm looking for some help. I've recently purchased an Onkyo SR876, along with a Sony KDL-52XBR6.

When running the DirecTV HD feed through the reciever via HDMI and into the XBR, many times when I have a scroll-bar (like the sports ticker on ESPN, or a local TV station with a weather alert), the Words and letters "stutter" as they roll across the screen.

At times they are fine, and sometimes they clean up. However I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the Onkyo (or any other unit).

When I run the HDMI into the TV there is never a problem regardless of the TV settings.

On the Onkyo, when I switch the Picure Mode to video it seems to help, but doesn't solve the problem.

I've tried various TV settings in the combo to no avail.

I really like the Onkyo otherwise, but this is really annoying? Is it possible I have a bad chip? The fact that it cleans up many times tells me a processor is trying to keep up but is slow. I though the REON chip was pretty advanced.

Anyways, shipping this unit back could be expensive at 60 lbs...

Has anyone had this in an Onkyo, or for that matter any other AV reciever?

Any tips, ideas etc would be great. I don't want to return it, but it's annoying and I could try a Denon 3808 I suppose, or a Sony ES unit.

GreenGiant

Auditioning
Real Name
Doug
Well,

I don't believe it is the receiver now. I plugged in a Denon unit today and it actually made things a shade worse.

Interesting in that when I plug direct into the TV there is not a problem at all, but when running through the reciever both units had a bit of a problem. I'm guessing it is the scrolling video and the processor trying to keep up.

That said, this unit is really great for the money. I just wish I could get live.com and microsoft to get me my money from buying it from onecall using a live.com link...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks