Script Submission? I.E. For Aqua Teen Hunger Force?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Mar 26, 2004.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Anyone know if Williams Street takes script submissions from anyone? I had an idea for an ATHF episode that could be fun, but I don't know if I should submit it..

2. Guy Martin

Guy Martin Second Unit

Neil-

I actually work as a reader for a production company in LA so I can answer this. Unfortunately for legal reasons most production companies won't take any submission that doesn't come from a recognized Agent or Manager. Basically if you sent it in without going through an agent/manager and then ATHF came out with an episode that was similar you could sue them since they couldn't prove they didn't read your submission. With an agent/manager there's a paper trail to prove who got and read what. At our company unsolicited submissions are sent back with a form letter from our Creative Executive emphatically saying that we haven't read it. We even return letters of inquiry that way. So your first step is to get an agent/manager to represent you.

Even if you have an agent/manager most shows rarely buy/produce specs from outside sources since it would likely create jealousy/resentment amongst their writing staffs (getting on a TV show is one of the few steady gigs for screenwriters and they tend to be really paranoid about losing their positions). The only recent execeptions I can think of are Stephen King and William Gibson who both wrote eps of the X-Files (of course if either of those two want to write for your show it can probably be arranged [​IMG] ). Still in this business I would never say never to anything...

Good luck!

- Guy