screw

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary-Bru, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Gary-Bru

Gary-Bru Auditioning

I have a pair of JLB Lx55 front speakers, just sitting on metal speaker stands. should i attach the speaker stands to the the speaker's .. screw the stands to the bottom of speaker's ?

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Would velcro work in your setup between these speakers and the stands? It would not necessarily damage the speaker, although you can do it with no real problem, and it would isolate the speaker from the stand.

3. Gary-Bru

Gary-Bru Auditioning

velcro? why velcro, these are big speakers and there's no need to remove them.

4. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

Tac N Stik (or any generic Blu-Tack type of product) is perfect for attaching speakers to stands. You can find stuff like this at nearly any hardware or office supply store. It isolates the stand from cabinet vibration, holds very securely, and it can be removed later without leaving a mark. Use a pea sized dab on each corner of the stand then when it comes time to remove it, use a plastic spatula or similar device to gently pry between the speaker and the stand starting at a corner so as not to lift or damage your veneer or vinyl covering. I've been using this stuff for many years on all types of speaker cabinets with great success.

5. Gary-Bru

Gary-Bru Auditioning

Blu-Tack, hey thanks is this stuff strong enought to move speaker and have stand stay stuck? (incase i have to move speaker to get behind system for up grades)

6. Walt N

Walt N Second Unit

Yes, maybe not right away if the stands are very heavy, but the adhesion gets stronger over the first few days so what you describe will be no problem. In fact if the bond were even slightly stronger there would be no easy way at all to remove the speakers from the stands without pulling off the cabinet veneer or covering. Don't worry about it getting to strong though, I've removed speakers from stands using the method I described above after 2-3 years without too much hassle and no damage.