Screw

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pedro Diaz, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Pedro Diaz

Pedro Diaz Agent

I have a pair of JBL N24II speakers. Do you know the specs for the screw that can be inserted in the back of the speaker? Do you know if it is 5/16 with a fine thread? Or which screw type will fit that hole?

Thanks in advance.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    If no one responds then you may have to either check with JBL or make a visit to Home Depot to pick up a small sample of screws that you can try. I assume since JBL is American that they use imperial screws.

3. John_V

John_V Agent

I don't have the exact answer you're looking for, but I have the JBL N24AW, very similar to yours. I found this speaker bracket that included a screw that worked perfectly with the JBL. I'm not sure if you're looking for a speaker bracket or just the screw.

4. Pedro Diaz

Pedro Diaz Agent

Thanks a lot for your response.

Im designing a stand for my speakers thats why I needed to know which type of screw will fit in that hole.

I finally found my "thread gauge" so I measured it. It was made to fit a 1/4" standard screw.

Neil, JBL website dont have that information. I sent an email to their support team but I got no answer.

John_V, Im designing a speaker bracket and I needed the hole information so I can put that info in my design.

Thank you very much for your support.

5. Pedro Diaz

Pedro Diaz Agent

I put the screw I made and now it is working ok.

This is the email I received today from JBL support:

"Thank you for your e-mail,

We do not have the screws as stocked parts. We do not have information on
    the type of screw used in the speaker.
    We apologize for any inconvenience.
    Thank you "

Wow, a company that has a support team that doesnt know the type of screws they are using in the speaker [​IMG]