What's new

Directors Screenshot Contest (Yet Another) (1 Viewer)

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
hehehehehehe

I finally found out the proper way of capturing more shots, so I may be putting up more than one per day. Just depends on how adamant I am about getting more shots.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
[c]Round 5
The Second Ranaissance (part does not matter)

Correct Answers
Jeremy Stockwell

Incorrect answers included
Titain A.E.
The Iron Giant (x2)
[/c]

To those of you who guessed The Animatrix, sorry, but I was looking for something a bit more specific.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
You could've been a little more specific in what you were looking for. Personally, I think of the Animatrix as the movie and the different parts like a chapter in something like Kill Bill or the Royal Tenenbaums.

But it's just a game. I myself don't care too much. :)

EDIT: Didn't see the PM you sent me. :D I've now enabled it so that a little thing pops up to tell me when I get a PM. :)

Jeremy Stockwell

Supporting Actor
It's your contest, Mark, but as one who answered the Animatrix one correctly, I thought requiring the correct chapter, etc. was a little picky, myself. Regardless, it's just a game, like somebody else said. :)

I have no idea on the current picture, but I'll probably take a guess anyway.

JKS

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Jeremy,

That's basically the only shot for which I wanted it that specific. IMO, Animatrix was just too wide, as there were 9 seperate (or 8, if you count Second Renaissance as 1) stories. Don't worry, there'll be no more of those anyways.

I'm surprised people are having so much trouble with some of the shots I'm offering up (save The Italian Job shot; that one was so obscure that I couldn't help but use it). I'm sure that the majority of the movies so far everyone has heard of, as I have very few, if not any, non-mainstream DVD's. With this round you'll probably be kicking yourself when you find the answer, Jeremy.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member

Well maybe if your shots consisted of something more substantial than household knick-knacks and toiletries :D

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I'm not bothered by the fact that we had to be specific with the Animatrix shot, but the fact that ANY shot that has any relation to the Matrix universe isn't GREEN, well, that's just plain bullSH@@@@@!!!!

I didn't see Animatrix anyway.:)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, technically the Second Renaissance (and that scene in particular) takes place before the Matrix is even created, so green it would not be.

The disc is worth checking out.

Chris_Richard

Supporting Actor

The response I got was even more definitive, "Outlook, When Hell freezes over."

I'm so bad at this you could show me a picture of Malcolm McDowell wearing all white with a bowler hat and I'd still have no clue.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I think this illustrating the challenge of creating a good exam. It shouldn't be so hard that the majority of test takers fail, but not so easy that all get 100%. The banned guy - whatever his shortcomings - seemed to get the combination right.

EDIT: Not to say Mark_bk hasn't; it's still early in the game, but the last few rounds I've had no idea.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter

Cameron, that's what the results (at least as far as I see) have been so far. For those who have submitted answers, about 50% have got them correct. For those who haven't, well that aint my problem, to put it bluntly.

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member

Actually I posted that very picture in my screenshot tourney!

And yes, there were A LOT of correct answers!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation822
Recent bookmarks