1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Screen size

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by jeff comeaux, May 9, 2002.

1. jeff comeaux

jeff comeaux Auditioning

I've spoken to several dealers regarding "size" of screens. The basic equation (as communicated to me) suggests that the distance from the screen to your eyeball should be approximately 1.5:1 the width of the screen. My theatre will be approximately 14 x 19 and with normal furniure placement, I should go with an 82 wide screen. What would be the impact if i went to a 52 x 92 inch screen? It would change the viewing formula to about 1.25:1. Under the dealers guidance, they believe I'll experience head movement while watching a movie. Are they right? what about the people sitting in the front row in a convention movie theatre? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    How far will you be sitting from the 82" screen. I would recommend no closer than 12ft. I have an 84" at 12'.

3. jeff comeaux

jeff comeaux Auditioning

Neil - thanks for your response. What are the dimensions of your theater? Do you have 2 or more rows of seats? After I spec the final layout for seats and sofa in my theatre, I'll send you another email.jeff

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    My theatre is 12' wide x 23' deep x 8' high. I only have one row of seating currently.