What's new

Screen size (1 Viewer)

jeff comeaux

Auditioning
I've spoken to several dealers regarding "size" of screens. The basic equation (as communicated to me) suggests that the distance from the screen to your eyeball should be approximately 1.5:1 the width of the screen. My theatre will be approximately 14 x 19 and with normal furniure placement, I should go with an 82 wide screen. What would be the impact if i went to a 52 x 92 inch screen? It would change the viewing formula to about 1.25:1. Under the dealers guidance, they believe I'll experience head movement while watching a movie. Are they right? what about the people sitting in the front row in a convention movie theatre? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
How far will you be sitting from the 82" screen. I would recommend no closer than 12ft. I have an 84" at 12'.

jeff comeaux

Auditioning
Neil - thanks for your response. What are the dimensions of your theater? Do you have 2 or more rows of seats? After I spec the final layout for seats and sofa in my theatre, I'll send you another email.jeff

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
My theatre is 12' wide x 23' deep x 8' high. I only have one row of seating currently.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks