Screen Shots (Sanyo Z1)!

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Erik Farstad, Jun 30, 2003.

1. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Hey gang! I finally got around to taking some screen shots...abeit bad one's because my camera is old and does not take good, detailed, or completely color accurate pictures...but they're up on my website nonetheless...so take a look if you want by following the link in my sig! [​IMG]

E

2. rin

rin Stunt Coordinator

Very nice theater! Your wife enjoys it too I see. Mine told me that she missed our 65" Mitsubishi!!?? That's funny because she's watched a movie with me almost every night since I got the screen mounted.(She only occasionally did that when we still had the Mits) We got the Boxlight 1HD version of your projector. Excellent website too. How do you like the Permwall screen?

rin

3. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Neat....I hope u don't mind my bookmarking it. Lots of ideas for me as I will be diving into FP soon.

On another note, is that teflon tape on the pipes on the pj mount? I'm sure u don't need that right?[​IMG]

4. Erik Farstad

Rin: yea my wife now wants to have "Girl's Night" and watch chic flics with her friends! [​IMG] I love the Perm Wall...nice taught screen and the image on it is great! Thanks on your kinds words!

Eric: Thanks buddy...bookmark away...I did the very same thing for a long time to gather bits and pieced from here and there. I need update my site with new pictures...I modified the PJ mount a bit...but no that's not teflon tape on the pipe. I had originally panted the pipe and I scuffed it up a bit! Since that picture I've replaced that pipe with a new and "cleaner" looking one and some other minor mods....I know, I know...more updates coming! LOL....[​IMG]

E

5. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I must admit, those screen shots look much better than your Mits ever did!

One thing though, I think that your colors may be washed out a little due to the odd color of your walls. I also now think that since your wife has finished your drapes, that too takes away from your screen. LOL, Just kidding E. It looks great!!! I enjoyed seeing the new Bond movie for the first time in your E-Cinema!!!

Jeff

6. Erik Farstad

[​IMG] Jeff!

Oh, yea...the red walls make the picture look more red, right! [​IMG] And the blue curtains make the screen blue too....[​IMG]

I'll be having a "small" viewing party on the July 11th if you wanna come over again Jeff![​IMG]

E

7. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I see where this is going E. Don't you and your family leave on vacation on the 10th! That sure would be a SMALL viewing party! OF ONE!!!:b Count me in, definately.

Jeff

8. Erik Farstad

LOL...sure we'll leave the key under the mat! [​IMG]

E

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Looks great Erik [​IMG]

How's this for picking the same scene, almost to the second, for screen shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have other shots on my website which I just took Monday night. I'm using my 2 year old FugiFilm digital at 8' from my 80" gray DIY screen. I know what you mean about the screen shots not doing justice to the actual picture. I do have the brightness on my Panny200u set to -15 which makes for the darker image. I have yet to calibrate with AVIA.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

10. Rob McAuliffe

Erik, real nice! been following you as we put ours together... Do you have room for a couple from Bothell on the 11th? Rob

11. Erik Farstad

Ron, dude your freakin' me out buddy! That's a trip...that is EXACTLY the same moment! [​IMG] Wow...

Rob: Thanks buddy! YGM...

12. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Those screensots look great guys ..... I am just barely getting into the Z1. I had one for a week but it had a stuck blue pixel. I swapped it out for a new flawless one on monday. But since then Ive been on a tennis playing spree. I hope to get working on my "ottoman-mount" idea soon and will update my site as I go along.

I cant help but feel proud now that im in the front projection league now!

13. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

oh yeah and what tips do you guys have on taking the screen shots? I have this cheap little digital camera that I used in my last photos of my HT. It would do fine at taking the room layout pics, but I would hate to take screenshots with it. I will probbly borrow one from a buddy for the screenshots. butwhat tips do you have. All I know is flash off....what else?

14. Erik Farstad

Mark, Welcome to the Z1 FP Club![​IMG] No dead or stuck pixels here either! [​IMG]

As for tips on the digital camera...don't ask me mine's an old 1 megapixel and it does not do to well either...but many use a tripod to get perfectly steady pics....how's that for one tip!? [​IMG] And yes, no ambient light if possible and no flash....

And darn it, stop playing tennis and get to watchin' some flic! LOL....enjoy buddy!

E

15. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Use a tri-pod, no flash and no other light in the room. Snap away and post some pics. We all realize that screen shots do not do justice to the real deal but it's fun to see'em anyway.

Interesting to see the contrast difference between Erik's shot and mine. I did set my (200u) on Cinema2 last night and it seemed to define the blacks better without brightening up the image too much. I have yet to take a pic of Gandalf, but I may do it tonight just to see the difference. I also bet some of the darkness is a result of the screen colors. Erik's being white and mine being gray.

Post away guys.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

16. Erik Farstad

Ron, I have a Da-Lite HCCV screen which is a grey screen...just an FYI for ya! [​IMG]

E

17. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Interesting.

I'm just curious about the contrast difference between our two screen shots. I do prefer my picture on the darker side, thus I have my brightness set at -15, but contrast I have at the factory setting. Do you have your brightness turned up? Even though we have two different machines and visual taste can vary, we have quite the extreme in that pic.

Peace Out~[​IMG]

18. Erik Farstad

Ron: I have the Z1 lamp set to "low mode" or theater mode, color temp set to low, and have the "cinema setting" enabled...I ran it through Avia and everything is dead on....in fact the decoder is so accurate I did not have to make ANY adjustments of contrast, color, brightness etc...I was amazed! So no...I didn't touch anything...or crank up contrast or brightness levels.

But in the many reviews I found the settings out of the box have been dead on for others as well...many have tweaked it for their own preference or due to thier room/screen/ambient-light issues, etc.

It may just be because of the two different PJ's and then our screen differences...and of course how you've set the various levels in the PJ....I assume you've run the PJ through AVIA or VE?

E

19. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron

20. Erik Farstad

Sounds groovy Ron...but when the dust settles, all that matter is that you like the image! [​IMG] Enjoy buddy...what did you do with your Mits?

Mine is going in my rec room once it's finished. [​IMG]

E