Screen Shield for Panny 47WX42?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kyle W, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Kyle W

Kyle W Extra

Aug 15, 2000
    I put my Best Buy 10% off coupon to good use this weekend and bought the Panny 47WX42. $1557 delivered with bonus chair/ottoman. It gets delivered Saturday, I can't wait!
    I really wanted the 52 model with integrated screen shield, but Sears is the only place in town that carried it and they wouldn't budge off the price because no one else carried that exact model.

So now I need to find the least expensive option for a screen shield, as our cats enjoy jumping on anything high up.

Does anyone know if the Panasonic 47" screen shield part # 47WX49SK will fit the 42 series with no problems?

Or is there another screen shield (by RCA perhaps) that works better?

I read a post somewhere that the Panny screen shield doesn't come off easily as others do. If given the option, I would like to be able to remove the screen shield when viewing the TV.

Anyone have the 47WX42 and added a screen shield they'd recommend?
  2. Lou Grasek

Lou Grasek Extra

May 17, 2002
    I made my own shield out of 1/8 acrylic plastic. It works fine and can be removed easily. It covers the front, and about 4 inches of the top and 2 sides so that I did not need to use Velcro. Was installed for a Super bowl party. No problems so far.