What's new

Screen & Projector For Under $3000 ??? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine wants to buy a screen and projector for around $3000. What are his choices?

Thanks for the input and I'll relay to him.

Best!
Troy

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Let's see if i can narrow down a few things.
A digital projector like DLP. A 16x9 screen fixed.

looking for combo packages that come with the screen and projector if possible.

Brands not an issue.

HOpe this helps..

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Troy, I would get the Infocus 4805, and don't pass it up if it doesn't come with a screen. You can make a screen very easily and cheaply. I made my 106" diagonal for about $40.00. Costco was running an in-store sale for $999 after rebate, but I don't know if it's still going. I have the Infocus X1 and I love it, and the 4805 is even better.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I would say something like the Panasonic AE700U or Sanyo Z3 along with a Da-Lite, Draper, or maybe Carada. I'm a big fan of the Da-Lite Video Spectra 1.5 material as it really helps when viewing w/ some ambient light but doesn't hurt the black levels. If you could live with a pull-down screen you could save alot of money (up to $500). You could also buy a pulldown and cut the screen material off and build your own fixed screen. This way you could get the screen materials like the Video Spectra 1.5 (which aren't easily reproducable w/ pure DIY) and still save alot by building your own frame. I currently have a 92" 16x9 Da-Lite Model B pulldown w/ Video Spectra 1.5 and I'll probably be building my own fixed frame for the material once I'm in a more longterm housing situation (out of college).

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Thanks Guys for the input.
I'll relay what's been offered to my co-worker.

-Troy-

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Another vote for the Panasonic AE700 + Carada. Remember he also has to buy cables and a ceiling mount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks